Who Will Win The DII-AAA Title Game?

rollredroll

I'm sorry for the caustic nature of this post but where do Baylor fans begin to think they can beat MBA? The Bid Red started two backup, sophomore linebackers and still managed to shut down everything Baylor attempted on offense. You've got the size and the looks but you're not going to run the ball on MBA -- no one has run the ball on them since Pearl Cohn's Santonio Beard sprung a 78 yarder from the first play of scrimmage in 2001 (he ended up with 77 total rushing yards). Baylor's had some great backs in the recent past but they did nothing last week to suggest they're capable of moving the ball. Go Big Red. 28-7.

That was in 1998. In 2001 Santanio Beard was playing for Alabama. Check your facts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for the caustic nature of this post but where do Baylor fans begin to think they can beat MBA? The Bid Red started two backup, sophomore linebackers and still managed to shut down everything Baylor attempted on offense. You've got the size and the looks but you're not going to run the ball on MBA -- no one has run the ball on them since Pearl Cohn's Santonio Beard sprung a 78 yarder from the first play of scrimmage in 2001 (he ended up with 77 total rushing yards). Baylor's had some great backs in the recent past but they did nothing last week to suggest they're capable of moving the ball. Go Big Red. 28-7.

You don't have a clue! Cooper had 77 yards on 12 carriers last week. If he touches it 20 times they probably have 150 yards. They will run the ball on MBA regardless of who plays linebacker. Whether they win are not depends on other factors. It will be a close game.

unless my memory is failing me, we haven't beaten anyone by a score like 28-7 this entire season...we aren't very dynamic on offense. Sounds like it was a close game last week until Swett blocked ANOTHER punt resulting in a td. I suspect this will be a close game...

only in Tennessee do two teams play each other in successive weeks. Gotta love the braintrust running our league.

As referenced above, MBA won last week's game with one offensive TD and a special teams TD. This game is far from a gimme for MBA, and the Big Red must not feel overconfident from last week's shutout. Baylor made an adjustment from last year's narrow regular season defeat to MBA to have a decent chance to win in the playoff rematch. I'm sure Baylor will be ready for this one as well.

I certainly want to be gentle and not offend but I believe, if memory serves, that Byrnes might have gained just a few yards on the ground while scoring 62 points against the Big Red. Then again, may be all 500+ yards were through the air.

I thought Braswell only carried it 12 times that game for 306. I am almost certain those were the stats but who knows I am still in awe of that performance so I may be mistaken. But hey, Baylor doesn't have anyone like that right now. Heck, Braswell was never like that again. MBA will give up a score but they will get one more from their defense or special teams and be productive on the ground all night. Another MBA victory, 23-7. Another thing you can count on is Coach Rutledge crying before the game. Gets the kids really fired up.

I would be happy to play Byrnes again and only allow 500 yards of offense. We beat Brohm and he threw for 414. How many yards did McCallie give up to Alcoa, who is far from the powerhouses Byrnes and Trinity proved to be.

Edited by cut it out

I thought Braswell only carried it 12 times that game for 306. I am almost certain those were the stats but who knows I am still in awe of that performance so I may be mistaken. But hey, Baylor doesn't have anyone like that right now. Heck, Braswell was never like that again. MBA will give up a score but they will get one more from their defense or special teams and be productive on the ground all night. Another MBA victory, 23-7. Another thing you can count on is Coach Rutledge crying before the game. Gets the kids really fired up.

I would be happy to play Byrnes again and only allow 500 yards of offense. We beat Brohm and he threw for 414. How many yards did McCallie give up to Alcoa, who is far from the powerhouses Byrnes and Trinity proved to be.

I believe Baylor will score more than 7 points tonight. They may have a little suprise or two in store for MBA.

Go Red Raiders!

BamaFaninTN contended that MBA had not allowed anyone to run over 77 yards...... I was politely pointing out that he was in error. As far as Alcoa goes, I understand they have 3 or 4 DI players, will probably win their state division and I bet would give MBA a very good game if not beat them.

MBA takes Baylor in a game closer because it's two weeks in a row for these two.

I think McCallie can exploit BA's defense and pass on them to win a close one.

MBA looks to not allow MUS four straight wins against them, especially being shut out this season. I think the home-field helps and the defense will hold for MUS as they squeak by in a last second win.

CBHS will have a tough matchup vs. McCallie who they haven't played this year. I think CBHS continues to be physical on both sides of the ball and pushes past McCallie.

MUS vs. CBHS and I think CBHS will pound on the Owls and slip by them for Gold.

I think CBHS is the better of these two, even though MUS's discipline on defense makes them tough.

However, some key things could happen on either side of the ball:

If CBHS can get pressure on Parks and puts some good hits on him, it will make a big difference. If Harris isn't effective and MUS contains him, it will be another low-scoring affair and a turnover or special teams play may make the difference.

Should make for a great game either way.

You're right.

Let me be the first to congratulate Baylor on the win tonight. Baylor came to play and took advantage of MBA miscues when it counted. Hats off to MBA this year; the resiliency after the Byrnes game was impressive. MBA will retool in '06 and be a contender again.

I also salute BA on its win at McCallie. BA is very dangerous in a postseason, revenge situation; this win doesn't surprise me at all.

Based on tonight's results, I predict a 2004 title game rematch. The 2005 final would not seem fitting without MUS, who I feel is the best, most well-rounded team in the league, and BA, which would make it 9 for 9 in appearances by Middle Tennessee teams in the Clinic Bowl.

RRR