2005/2006 Elizabethton Cyclone Boys Basketball

GLee

New coach, new system......... someone convince me why I would want to come and watch the Cyclones. Not that I wouldn't anyway, but I would just like some insider information on who is doing what and what is expected from this year's team and this year's new coaching staff. Maybe starting with probably starters as seen by the coach, not mommy and daddy. :D

Edited by GLee

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard Wilson hasn't been too impressed with Norman. But he is 6'5, it will be hard for Wilson not to play him. The other post is still up for grabs. The guards are Nave, Taylor and Callie. The team will probably be a lot better off with the football players there already. I really think this year's team will be a lot better that last years.

I've heard Wilson hasn't been too impressed with Norman. But he is 6'5, it will be hard for Wilson not to play him. The other post is still up for grabs. The guards are Nave, Taylor and Callie. The team will probably be a lot better off with the football players there already. I really think this year's team will be a lot better that last years.

You are wrong about what Wilson thinks of Norman.

when norman was at happy valley his freshman year, he was quite a ways down on the depth chart, even with kids in his class. he doesnt have that killer instinct underneath and isnt the most coordinated or athletic big man. then he moves to elizabethton and is a split starter right off the bat. either etown is in need of inside help, or he has really progressed.

when norman was at happy valley his freshman year, he was quite a ways down on the depth chart, even with kids in his class. he doesnt have that killer instinct underneath and isnt the most coordinated or athletic big man. then he moves to elizabethton and is a split starter right off the bat. either etown is in need of inside help, or he has really progressed.

Guys and gals, this wasn't meant as a 'slam session'. I was just interested in who will be doing what, besides Derrick Nave. Maybe the 'slams' will help energize some people?

GO CYCLONES!!!!

Prospective starters from what I hear are as follows

Point - Micah is the new kid from SH. He will make a difference

SG - Nave, a pure shooter and scorer. Taylor will play both guards and do well.

Posts - may be a round robin.

If Henson is healthy, he will probably be a starter. He was a hustler on defense but he was injured a lot.

Norman is solid and should start. He is somewhat of an unknown. Transfer and injury have kept him off the floor for two years and he played behind Peters and Jeffers last year. Jeffers is not going to play this year as of two weeks ago. That may change.

The other big man may be Jared Tetrick, Tim Franklin, or one of the 10th graders. If I left anybody out, I didn't mean to offend.

Only Coach Wilson knows who will start and play. He will put a good product on the floor.

I hope the boys do a good job. If you remember last year, they lost a ton of close games.

The talent lost is Harris, Hardin, and Peters. The talent gained from transfer and maturity will be fairly significant, more than they lost. Give 'em a chance and a pat on the back and they make you as proud as peacock, or content as a clean pig in a wollerin' hole, or as happy as a hairy-backed woman with free electrolysis. Oh wait those line are Tim Chambers' job. Go get 'em Cyclones!!!

Prospective starters from what I hear are as follows

Point - Micah is the new kid from SH. He will make a difference

SG - Nave, a pure shooter and scorer. Taylor will play both guards and do well.

Posts - may be a round robin.

If Henson is healthy, he will probably be a starter. He was a hustler on defense but he was injured a lot.

Norman is solid and should start. He is somewhat of an unknown. Transfer and injury have kept him off the floor for two years and he played behind Peters and Jeffers last year. Jeffers is not going to play this year as of two weeks ago. That may change.

The other big man may be Jared Tetrick, Tim Franklin, or one of the 10th graders. If I left anybody out, I didn't mean to offend.

Only Coach Wilson knows who will start and play. He will put a good product on the floor.

I hope the boys do a good job. If you remember last year, they lost a ton of close games.

The talent lost is Harris, Hardin, and Peters. The talent gained from transfer and maturity will be fairly significant, more than they lost. Give 'em a chance and a pat on the back and they make you as proud as peacock, or content as a clean pig in a wollerin' hole, or as happy as a hairy-backed woman with free electrolysis. Oh wait those line are Tim Chambers' job. Go get 'em Cyclones!!!

Thanks.......aside from the Tim Chambers plagurisms (THAT'S A HOOT), this is the first response that makes any sense from what the thread was started for.

:lol: