Kingsport Citizens

83SouthRebel

The lovely thing is that right after annexation you have to start paying city taxes--but it will take 5 years before most city services reach you.

Us City Folk have been paying county taxes for 100 years and have yet to see any services from the county. Good to see that the City has it down to 5 years.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that paying city taxes is worth a reduction in the lung cancer rate in Colonial Heights? :rolleyes: Seems like people out there would choke to death on all those leaves they burn in the fall. Its worse than some of the "money" smells that Eastman releases. They won't be doing that if annexed. No need to. The leaves are removed by the city. I can't believe people out there put up with it.

I've noticed that houses usually burn down in the county if they catch fire too. Home owner's prices are terrible. And county mounties for protection, a joke. Stretched way to thin and just not enough training. I used to live near the dam out there and have been almost run over by those yahoo-mounties about 3 times - flying low with no lights or siren coming across that hill at S.Walmart.

Then what about the time (when I lived in Fall Creek) that my neighbor was blasting away target practicing in his back yard. I call the mounties 'cause I had to bring the children in out of my yard in fear for their lives. They wouldn't do anything. Why, no law against it. That won't happen in the city either.

Your turn, fire away.

Some of this probably has to do with differences between the counties we live in and the cities which might annex us.

I like the smell of burning leaves.

At least one city I know of picks up leaves only within a short period on any particular street--what do you do if you miss the day?

I'm not sure that city houses burn down less than county houses around here. It could be, but I haven't seen any data.

I don't know if our sherrif's deputies are any worse than our police. No data.

Someone else commented on property values. I'm pretty sure that in Loudon County the average value of a county home is way higher than the average for the county's municipalities. LOL, of course that's because so many doctors and bankers from Knox County build lakefront mansions here.

Anyway, this is kind of off-topic. I shouldn't comment about annexation in a thread about Sullivan County and Kingsport--so I'll quit.