Sequatchie Co. How will they do next season?

mowhawk50

Just Wanting to know?

I think next years team could be pretty good but it will take a good bunch of those soon to be Sophmores and Juniors to step up and be leaders. There are several guys in that sophmores class next season who look like they could be very good by the time they are seniors so they need to step up and help the team win some games.

I will say this I think the coaching staff at Sequatchie Co. seem to know what they want to get accomplished but it is up to every player in that locker room to believe in that as well. They need to believe from the minute they step foot back in that weight room to start getting ready for next season that they can not only win game #1 but all ten of them! They also need to believe that before they step back on the field that every other teams record is (0-0) just like theirs and they can not only win a region title, and a playoff game but also have a shot at a State Championship.

I think that is something that cost them at times this past season well that and a fieldgoal kicker. The mental part of the game believing that they were just as good as anyone and that they could win every time they stepped on that field. Once they start to believe that as a team and a good one at that who knows what can happen! :o

Did I mention we also need to find a kicker as well! ;)

Edited by Sequatchie

I think next years team could be pretty good but it will take a good bunch of those soon to be Sophmores and Juniors to step up and be leaders. There are several guys in that sophmores class next season who look like they could be very good by the time they are seniors so they need to step up and help the team win some games.

I will say this I think the coaching staff at Sequatchie Co. seem to know what they want to get accomplished but it is up to every player in that locker room to believe in that as well. They need to believe from the minute they step foot back in that weight room to start getting ready for next season that they can not only win game #1 but all ten of them! They also need to believe that before they step back on that field that every other teams record is (0-0) just like theirs and they can not only win a region title, and a playoff game but also have a shot at State Championship.

I think that is something that cost them at times this past season well that and a fieldgoal kicker. The mental part of the game believing that they were just as good as anyone and that they could win every time they stepped on that field. Once they start to believe that are a team and a good one at that who knows what can happen! :o

Did I mention we also need to find a kicker as well! ;)

Well said Sequatchie!!!!!!!!!!!

You must not think too highly of your team if you think that, since it was a 7-0 game between them.

The Pirates aren't my team in football, and they never really impressed me. They weren't all that and nor where you. Before the season all you guys talked about was how many good players you had and how good your QB was and none of that ever really materialized and you were overrated from the get go.So I don't think you will win anymore than 4 or 5 games.

Edited by Tha Chosen One

Before the season all you guys talked about was how many good players you had and how good your QB was and none of that ever really materialized and you were overrated from the get go.

We did have some good players and a good group of them will be returning next season.

I think our senior quarterback Curt Bureau backed up his top 25 showing at the Furman camp from this summer with a very good season.

He finished the season something like this.

99 of 203 for 1,262 - 11 tds, 9 int.

He also finished the year with around 650-700 yards rushing with 7 or 8 tds.

* Not sure of the exact stats but thats in the ball park.

The numbers could have been better as some games this he threw for less than 30 yards but had over a 100 yards rushing.

I don't think you should get on a message board and say HS players are over rated. If they are or they aren't. I just stated that the Indians have the potential to be good next season they have seven games at home and should be favored or at least a toss up in seven or eight of them. They have proven winners in the Head Coach and offensive coordinator and several young and talented coaches who know what there talking about when they are teaching those players. I never said they would win a state title I just said that they should go into the season believing that they could as all teams should when the season starts! If you read my article a little more closely you would have seen that.

...that they can not only win game #1 but all ten of them! They also need to believe that before they step back on the field that every other teams record is (0-0) just like theirs and they can not only win a region title, and a playoff game but also have a shot at a State Championship.

I as well as fans from several diffrent schools have said that this past years team was better than the (4-7) record they finished with and I think 5 or 6 of those teams will say that it those games were a battle and not an easy win to get against that team.