Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

mphstigerfan

This post is for everybody pointing fingers at who made the mistakes that supposedly lost the game.

One word,.... PRESSURE!

Angel is an excellent kicker. I've seen him make 30 and 40 yard field goals all day at practice.

Sawyer is an excellent snapper. I'll bet 99 out of a hundred of his snaps are right on the money.

The coaches have been awesome, and the kids love playing for them, we shouldn't try to 2nd guess their play calling. If it had worked we'd be lining up to kiss them.

All of these kids played their hearts out, and deserve more than to be belittled by their faithful fans.

If you've ever played in a game of this magnitude, or had to sink a 2 foot putt when the tourney is on the line, or fancy yourself a "competitor" in any sport, you know what I'm talking about. It's just not as easy as it ought to be.

The good news is, it gets easier every time. Now, for some of these kids this was their last football game, but they can all take something away from it that will help the next time they are faced with seemingly insurmountable obstacles. It may be a tough college exam, Marine Corps boot camp, the loss of a loved one,... whatever. But this experience will help them in the long run.

I know, experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted, but at least that's something.

To each and every kid out there tonight, I'm PROUD of you. Don't worry about the "coulda, shoulda, woulda", because none of that matters nearly as much as what you take away from it when it's all over.

Keep it real, peoples. Just,... keep it real. :thumb:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone who is making excuses for why MP lost. We got beat!!! JB missed an extra point just like we did. JB had a bad snap just like we did. It happens to every team. We lost field position on the botched punt return that hit or was misplayed in the 3rd quarter. That may have been the turning point but we had our chances to get back into the game. JB fumbled and lost one and we did like wise. JB did something I didn't think they should do that early in the game, go for 2. Obviously it was the right call because it worked but if they had missed we would be talking about how they should have went for one and the tie, just like the half back pass that didn't work. It was a good call at the time because JB shouldn't have been expecting it. Marco can really throw the ball, I know I watched him in middle school as the QB. It just didn't turn out the way MP fans wanted. Angel is the best kicker MP has ever had. He has elevated that position to celebrity status at MP. The teams were as evenly matched as they could be. In my opinion the difference maker in the game was Tremont Moody. He set the tone for the JB defense in the second half. He was unstoppable. He shook off anyone who tried to block him and made several bone jaring hits that did two things. Knocked a little wind out of MP and got the JB crowd into the game. Being as good as we were probably hurt MP a little bit. The starters didn't have to play a full game for 6 weeks, from the first Cwood game until last week, and were out of the game most times by early 3rd quarter.

Good game JB. Tuck4242 I noticed you all over the field and in on many tackles in the fist half but I think Tremont beat you to them in the second half. I also noticed you a little gimpy in the 3rd and 4th quarter, was it just cramps?

To all JB fans. Is Daily the best back you have seen? I know someone said a guy from JB runs a 4.4 if that is so Marco must run a 4.3 because he out ran everyone for 65 or 70 yards in the first half.

Good post Tigerfan1.

MP Players words can't describe how proud I am of each of you. YOU ARE AWSOME!!!! For the seniors you can take pride in the ride you have given the MP spectators. All the way from Middle School through this year. Undefeated your 8th grade year, right?

and the state quarter finals not just one but two years in a row? As good of tallent MP had last year they wouldn't have made it that far without you guys. Loosing 16 seniors is hard to overcome and again will be a challenge next year as we loose 16 of you guys. Chin up. Work Hard! Play Harder!!

Edited by MPTigerT

To everyone who is making excuses for why MP lost. We got beat!!! JB missed an extra point just like we did. JB had a bad snap just like we did. It happens to every team. We lost field position on the botched punt return that hit or was misplayed in the 3rd quarter. That may have been the turning point but we had our chances to get back into the game. JB fumbled and lost one and we did like wise. JB did something I didn't think they should do that early in the game, go for 2. Obviously it was the right call because it worked but if they had missed we would be talking about how they should have went for one and the tie, just like the half back pass that didn't work. It was a good call at the time because JB shouldn't have been expecting it. Marco can really throw the ball, I know I watched him in middle school as the QB. It just didn't turn out the way MP fans wanted. Angel is the best kicker MP has ever had. He has elevated that position to celebrity status at MP. The teams were as evenly matched as they could be. In my opinion the difference maker in the game was Tremont Moody. He set the tone for the JB defense in the second half. He was unstoppable. He shook off anyone who tried to block him and made several bone jaring hits that did two things. Knocked a little wind out of MP and got the JB crowd into the game. Being as good as we were probably hurt MP a little bit. The starters didn't have to play a full game for 6 weeks, from the first Cwood game until last week, and were out of the game most times by early 3rd quarter.

Good game JB. Tuck4242 I noticed you all over the field and in on many tackles in the fist half but I think Tremont beat you to them in the second half. I also noticed you a little gimpy in the 3rd and 4th quarter, was it just cramps?

To all JB fans. Is Daily the best back you have seen? I know someone said a guy from JB runs a 4.4 if that is so Marco must run a 4.3 because he out ran everyone for 65 or 70 yards in the first half.

I agree with you, Tremont was the difference in the second half. He stepped up and played like he is capable of playing. I think Coach Adkins made some good adjustments at halftime that helped also. Our opened field tackling wasn't very good and I know Daily had something to do with that. I hope we work on that in practice next week because it looks like we will be facing another good running back next Friday night.

To answer your question about Daily, in my opinion, we haven't had a back break 200 yards against our defense this year, so I say yes he is the best I have seen this year. Although he did have a 65 yard run, he really didn't hurt us in the second half. That's a credit to this JB defense.

Again I want to say that you Mt. Pleasant folks and team are good people with class. We applaud you team. They fought hard. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys have the same type of season next year.

special teams needs some work and do't nobody make any excuses we got beat fair and square no bad calls from the refs. JBS go all the way!! BAD SNAP!! WHY BAD SNAP!! BAD SNAP!! BAD SNAP!! BAD SNAP!! BAD SNAP!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!! half back pass 2min to go with a hurt running back on your own 25 WHY!! WHY!! WHY!! WHY!!!!!!!!! was'nt MR. dailys fault anybody that runs the rock like he does deserve to be called MR. Coaching lost this game!! and like i said you got to pay the piper sonner or later. BAD SNAP WHY!!!! ALL YOU HAVE GOT TO DO IS GET IT TO THE PUNTER!!! HOW DO YOU LET HEAD RUN IN ON A TWO POINT PLAY!!!!!! why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bottomline I've read what you have written all year. You've been right some of the time but wrong more of the time. Your a poor excuse for a MP fan. Everyone makes mistakes. You've made plenty just writing posts so don't blame anyone for things done on the field. They gave it their all and most of MP is proud of them. Again I'll correct you because it wasn't Head that ran it in for the 2 pt conversion, he pitched it. Coaching didn't loose this game, Jo Byrns won it.

Bottomline I've read what you have written all year. You've been right some of the time but wrong more of the time. Your a poor excuse for a MP fan. Everyone makes mistakes. You've made plenty just writing posts so don't blame anyone for things done on the field. They gave it their all and most of MP is proud of them. Again I'll correct you because it wasn't Head that ran it in for the 2 pt conversion, he pitched it. Coaching didn't loose this game, Jo Byrns won it.

you are right MPTigerT no one should be blamed for any thing that happen there last nite it was a great game and we had a bad snap missed extra point a fumble we just made ajustment the second hafe that i think changed the game and for any one to say anything about any of your guy's that played is way out of line because thay played a super game and i no someone had to lose and that is bad when to classy team's like played last nite had to be one of them and wish your team good luck next year and tell your guy's that our team said thay had the toughest line thay ever seen and daily is the real deal and the 2 point deal has now won us another game it was pitched out to our TB good luck to all you guy's from the bottom of my heart :)

MPTigerT, I agree with you. Things happen for a reason. No one play wins or loses a game. One play is just one of many in the big picture. Please excuse me if I over-step my bounds, but please don't point fingers at any player or Coach on this team. They all gave 100%.

MPTigerT, I agree with you. Things happen for a reason. No one play wins or loses a game. One play is just one of many in the big picture. Please excuse me if I over-step my bounds, but please don't point fingers at any player or Coach on this team. They all gave 100%.

i totally agree reddevil, both sides played hard ya'll just made good adjustments 2nd half.congrats to your team hope ya'll make the next step :D thk's to the tiger's for some great memorie's i wish ya'll all the best in the world senior's you gave it all thank you!!! jobyrn's i though that your team and your fan's had great sportsmanship during and after the ballgame ,i don't thank i seen 1 of you not tell our team that they played a great game,like i said i hope you go all the way.

Coming from a Senior Lineman for MP I would like to say great game last night Jo Byrns. You played your hearts out as did we and you seemed to make great plays when you needed them. As far as you winning the game you deserved it because you stepped up in the second half and didn't give up. You have a great team overall, but your defense especially made an impact on me as we (the line) have been used to pushing people around all year. It wasn't that easy with you. Your right the JBS coaches made some great adjustments and Moody (who is one big man) did a great job the second half. Tuck you were also making plays all night and I enjoyed the talk with you after the game. Great game to all of the JBS players, coaches, and fans. Your a class act. I wish you luck JBS. Go to the Boro and win it all.

:D

Edited by Tigers#1Fan

Bottomline you could not snap your fingers much less a football under pressure! But if you are so good why don't you drop by the centers house and offer him some tips. I'm sure that redhed would enjoy rearranging your face for you after what you said about him,in fact I would like some of you myself. You should be ashamed of yourself,these are highschool football players,kids trying to have some fun and make some memories. YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!

Bottomline you could not snap your fingers much less a football under pressure! But if you are so good why don't you drop by the centers house and offer him some tips. I'm sure that redhed would enjoy rearranging your face for you after what you said about him,in fact I would like some of you myself. You should be ashamed of yourself,these are highschool football players,kids trying to have some fun and make some memories. YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!

Amen snowman i agree with you 100% for him to say that after both these team's played there heart's out i think he need's to apoliagize to this kid if it was my kid i would have to visit him and it was a awsome game good luck to your guy's :thumb:

:lol: Great game Tigers--We are all so proud of you!! To all Jo Byrns fans--great game!! The hamburgers were awful but the atmosphere was awsome. Everyone we ran in to was polite and very respecteul. Thanks for the great sportsmanship. Hope you go all the way!!! We'll be pulling for you!!

Hey I liked my hamburger. And the service was good to.