Raleigh Egypt @ Liberty (HOF)

baseballa28

Liberty beat R-E tonight by a score of 73-67. Liberty had the lead from midway through the first quarter on. I don't think Liberty played their A game tonight and still beat a very solid team in R-E. Liberty played very lackidasical defense in the last two minutes to let R-E back in the game, they were up by 13 before that. Jewuan Long had 19 points and held Maurice Miller to about 10-15 points and did not let him penetrate to get his other players involved, Long once again has outplayed Miller and still will not get the recognition. Brandon Evans of Liberty led all scorers with 27 points on the night.

Edited by baseballa28

He had 22 in the scorebook and when did free throws not count in the scoring column? He was 10 of 13 from the line and scored 12 from the field.

He is having to adjust to a different role on this Raleigh Egypt team. Last year he was surrounded by five seniors that all graduated and are playing in college this year. The team this year is smaller and has only three experienced players to go with him. Nathaniel Calhoun who stayed on the bench in foul trouble due to a ridiculous call by the ref, Marcus Hunter who only had an average night, and Derrick Edwards who played sparingly last year but can be a major talent down the road. Moe is having to play the #3 position a lot of the game and he is used to being the point.

No excuses about the game. Raleigh Egypt did not play well enough to win and Liberty has a fine team that will do very well this year.

I believe the player you mentioned was #33 who did play well last night. He is a good high school player but I'm not sure at what position you would predict him to play on the college level. He is too small to play forward on that level and is marginal at a shooting guard size. If he works hard, he could play at a mid-major level as a #2, but he would need to be a very good shooter.

He had 22 in the scorebook and when did free throws not count in the scoring column? He was 10 of 13 from the line and scored 12 from the field.

He is having to adjust to a different role on this Raleigh Egypt team. Last year he was surrounded by five seniors that all graduated and are playing in college this year. The team this year is smaller and has only three experienced players to go with him. Nathaniel Calhoun who stayed on the bench in foul trouble due to a ridiculous call by the ref, Marcus Hunter who only had an average night, and Derrick Edwards who played sparingly last year but can be a major talent down the road. Moe is having to play the #3 position a lot of the game and he is used to being the point.

No excuses about the game. Raleigh Egypt did not play well enough to win and Liberty has a fine team that will do very well this year.

I believe the player you mentioned was #33 who did play well last night. He is a good high school player but I'm not sure at what position you would predict him to play on the college level. He is too small to play forward on that level and is marginal at a shooting guard size. If he works hard, he could play at a mid-major level as a #2, but he would need to be a very good shooter.

Well in the paper today and in my scorebook last night Moe had 17 and Calhoun had 17. Calhoun is a very good player, the 2nd best player on the floor last night behind Brandon Evans of Liberty who had 31 not 27 points last night. Liberty didn't play all that good either our big men didn't show up and 5'11 Antwan Long #21 had to do the dirty work in the post. The game was closer than it should been and if you were there you saw it to. I have seen Moe and Red a.k.a. Jewuan Long 4 times, once in middle school, twice in AAU, and last night. Long has outplayed him 3 out of the 4 times giving Moe the nod last night. Overall Moe is a more attractive prospect, but when they go toe to toe Red gets the best of him more times than not.

Edited by baseballa28