robjim

Here ya go ERA..

I realized tonight that the man playing Johnny is the guy that played Caesar in the movie "Gladiator". He's an exceptional actor and I find it odd for him to play Johnny Cash. Anyways, I just hope he did the man justice. I'll be surprised if he nails it. Wait and see I guess.

It's only been in the last six months that I would even listen to country music. I've hated it my whole life. It was back in the spring when I heard an old Cash song and began to realize just how great he was. I believe it's the true pipes of the old country singers that is missing today in music. They were talented beyond anything put out today. George Jones, Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette, Hoot Gibson and Loretta Lynn.....etc....etc. Great great vocals of their time unmatched today. Maybe it's also the fact that I feel too old to be listening to Def Leppard, Steppenwolf, Led Zepplin, Stones etc.....etc... I still appreciate those great groups but dang, fifty years old and listening to that stuff gives an impression of a loser ...lol. Ol' Blue Eyes, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. and the rest of the rat pack era are truly some of my rediscovered favorites but I still like U2 for todays music. Good stuff. Well, I digress but that's what us older folks do at times.... :lol:

Announcements