KNOX CENTRAL B BALL

bball fan 3

KNOX CENTRAL BRINGS 5 GUYS THAT PLAYED A BUNCH LAST YEAR AND HAS SO NEW FACES. THEY COULD BE BEETER THAN EVERYONE THINKS. I LOOKED BACK AT LAST YEAR HERE ARE SOME KEY GAMES. LOST TO DB IN OT. LOST TO FARRAGUT IN DOUBLE OT. LOST TO HALL BY 4 BEAT HALL BY 20 BEAT CHATT HOWARD. BEAT CLINTON ONCE. LOSY AT OAKRIDGE BY 2 LOST TO POWELL TWICE BY 6 POINTS EACH GAME. LOST TO CATHLIC BY 7 AND BY 8 .

THEY POSSIBLY COULD START WINNING SOME OF THESE CLOSE GAMES. THEY HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIANCE WHAT DO YOU THINK

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points bball3. Although Centrals talent level is better I am afraid Central will be out manned night in and night out from a coaching stand point. I am just not convinced that the present coach can get the job done. Central is a football school and the administration hired a Basketball Coach with that in mind. In pains me that I have to go to Fulton , Bearden, Halls etc... to see good High School Basketball when I live with in walking distance of Central.

Heres another slant on the close games Central was in. Often close games are won or lost by coaching decisions.

They have won vs. a very weak Jeff Co. team and get a weak Seiver Co. team tonight who by the way is being coach by a bigger clown than the Central coach. But when it comes to District games the best Central will do will be 6 th. Anything over 10 wins should be considered a very successful season. The players will just have to overcome poor coaching to often.

Hey I could be wrong. If I am I will be the first to admit it. But I go to at least 5 games a year and I never make it past halftime. Its just not quality Basketball.

Central is off to a good start. So I have to give credit for their accomplishments in the Chop House Classic. Beat two very weak teams and a Farragut tean that is as poorly coached as Central. I agree if they continue to play at teir present level they shuld be 6-0 by week send. As far as the remainder of the season goes we will see. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. But I 6 th in the district will get it for the Cats.