Culleoka Classic

culleokarep

Well I'm in the same boat, I'm from around the area and thought that I would stop in to watch the game. But I have a very different outlook, Independence was fouling right as the ball was being tipped. You can say what you want, the fouls were called right and there still was some fouls not called. And if for some reason ya'll dream up some idea that Culleoka could possibly pay off the refs, then you definetly have no clue of what you're talkin about. Another thing, if that was the whole town at the game last night, that little bity town just beat ya'll fair and square.

No reason to say yall I am not from Independence. Like I said the game was physical but not called consistently. Hand checks were happening on both end of the floors but only called on Independence. Also, the post player for Culleoka, who is very good for his size, played a lot of minutes and picked up his first foul late in the third quarter. You have to admit that it was lopsided in the calls. And if Culleoka does not pay the refs then how do they get paid? Did they do that game for free? That was nice of them

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent post, I do believe it must have been volunteer work. But I'm pretty sure the Independence "fans" were commenting about being paid more on the side. And the fouls were lopsided because Independence couldn't keep their hands off of Culleoka. Trying to deny #10 the ball is one thing but trying to pushing him because you can't guard him is another.

Excellent post, I do believe it must have been volunteer work. But I'm pretty sure the Independence "fans" were commenting about being paid more on the side. And the fouls were lopsided because Independence couldn't keep their hands off of Culleoka. Trying to deny #10 the ball is one thing but trying to pushing him because you can't guard him is another.

Culleokarep was talking about independence throwing "cheap shots" when late in the fourth quarter # 34, the main ball carrier the whole night, threw an elbow at an indpendence player and got charged for it because he was frustrated that he couldnt handle the ball. That was the only cheap shot I saw, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

If he is over rated then why did ya'll go zone, and why did ya'll deny him the ball? Let me think, because no one on the team could guard him one on one. It's not all about the points, he runs that floor starts the offense.

Cheap shots, saw a few 34 did throw a cheap shot i guess he had to get the player off of him some how, ya'lls 6'6 post man (that didnt have much luck guarding Culleoka's 6'1 post) hacked a few guys to the floor I remember one imparticularly. It's a rough game we only saw half of it too, we wasnt playing.

Being from the Nashville area I decided to check out the Independence Eagles as I had seen them last year. As for this game last night only one word sum's up the game.."Ridiculous." From the start Independence coach, Darren Henrie was T'ed up for clearly stating "Lets call it both ways." Whats even funnier is that their coach was SITTING on the bench. Shortly after Darren is hit with his final technical for saying "Comeon Ref the fouls are 5-0." Out of nowhere fouls are being called on Independence. I'd say 75% were absolutely terrible calls. Culleoka was no better when it came to fouls but they sure didnt get called for it. Culleoka seemed sluggish and it was OBVIOUS they made it over Independence due to the lack of officiating. #10 from Culleoka has a nice shot and was probably the only highlight of the team. As for the term "thug" being addressed to Independence i'd have to tell you to take a look at the fans from Culleoka..you had Eminem Jr with his moms bandana and his wannabe thug posse following him. It must be hardcore on the dirt roads of Culleoka. The game was ridiculous from the start and the only thing that saved Culleoka from being run out at home was the ref's. By the way their coach was on the floor the whole game and clearly yelled at the ref's..I believe the assistant coach from Independence was told to sit after he asked a legit question about the technical from the hanging on the rim.

Edited by Cubs05SC

Being from the Nashville area

is that supposed to be relevant?

I decided to check out the Independence Eagles as I had seen them last year. As for this game last night only one word sum's up the game.."Ridiculous." From the start Independence coach, Darren Henrie was T'ed up for clearly stating "Lets call it both ways." Whats even funnier is that their coach was SITTING on the bench. Shortly after Darren is hit with his final technical for saying "Comeon Ref the fouls are 5-0." Out of nowhere fouls are being called on Independence. I'd say 75% were absolutely terrible calls. Culleoka was no better when it came to fouls but they sure didnt get called for it.

thanks for repeating this... i didnt get it when 15 other people posted it before you... you cleared it up really nicely...?

Yes we actually do have a student section they just dont drive an hour away in the middle of nowhere to come. Yall's student section is basically your whole town because thats the saturday night entertainment.

well our student section travels too all the games so whether you like our fans or not we will be at the games as far as having a eminem jr. and all last time i checked eminem didnt have corn rows and another to add to that arent fans supposed to where weird things or do their hair funny for fun i mean what happened to it just being a fun thing to go to a game not a poke fun contest but neways culleoka has a good team no matter where they play i mean we went to mt. pleasant and won there without paying the refs independence can u take u got beat for an answer or do u have to always blaim it on the refs sorry but there r always goin to be good and bad calls but it happens oh yeah also i almost forgot last time i checked thugs didnt live in fields they live in citys and independence needs to get over the fact that our lil ole country town just shut yalls boys down too bad soo sad YALL GOT BEAT

Ok if we're going to talk trash about some fans let's talk about one of the moms from Independence threw a cup down at the Culleoka bench...I mean c'mon that's pretty pathetic...she also flipped off a Culleoka teacher,went psycho and threw and kicked the cup at kid, and said a few choice words to another lady...that's pretty sad when a mom acts worse than the student fans...And I'm sorry cowboy68CHS that your fans aren't as dedicated as ours...and yes we all have better things to do than to go to a basketball game on a Saturday night but hey we gotta support our guys...but hey good effort Independence despite everything else

Being from the Nashville area I decided to check out the Independence Eagles as I had seen them last year. As for this game last night only one word sum's up the game.."Ridiculous." From the start Independence coach, Darren Henrie was T'ed up for clearly stating "Lets call it both ways." Whats even funnier is that their coach was SITTING on the bench. Shortly after Darren is hit with his final technical for saying "Comeon Ref the fouls are 5-0." Out of nowhere fouls are being called on Independence. I'd say 75% were absolutely terrible calls. Culleoka was no better when it came to fouls but they sure didnt get called for it. Culleoka seemed sluggish and it was OBVIOUS they made it over Independence due to the lack of officiating. #10 from Culleoka has a nice shot and was probably the only highlight of the team. As for the term "thug" being addressed to Independence i'd have to tell you to take a look at the fans from Culleoka..you had Eminem Jr with his moms bandana and his wannabe thug posse following him. It must be hardcore on the dirt roads of Culleoka. The game was ridiculous from the start and the only thing that saved Culleoka from being run out at home was the ref's. By the way their coach was on the floor the whole game and clearly yelled at the ref's..I believe the assistant coach from Independence was told to sit after he asked a legit question about the technical from the hanging on the rim.