Mr. Football

extremefury

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mr. Football results have been posted on the TSSAA website.

Division I, Class 5A Lineman of the Year

Adam Smotherman

Smyrna

Finalists

Nick Reveiz

Farragut

Tamar Butler

Riverdale

Back of the Year

Gaston Miller

Riverdale

Finalists

Spencer Gulmire

Oak Ridge

T.C. Jennings

Ravenwood

Oak Ridge Fans you saw both who deserved it Gaston or The G-Man.

are you implying that Gaston shouldn't have won or are you saying that they saw the two best

That they saw two of the best at the same time. I've seen highlight films Gaston but I've seen the G-man at least 5 times. Just wondering their view on it. From reading the post from the game the OR fans had nothing but great things to say about Gaston. :thumb: From what I've seen and read he is well deserving of the prize.

are you implying that Gaston shouldn't have won or are you saying that they saw the two best

I saw them both and g-man must have done some tall sucking up from what he showed us in OR. He was dominated all night long. Unlike his counter part. I think it was a shame he was beat out of this award. Maybe we should have let SG play deeper into the games to blow up the stats. that seems to work, nobody believes in sportsmanship anymore

I put this post on here to let everyone know that the results have been posted, not to start a who's better than who.

As a Oak Ridge supporter, I wish Spencer got the award also, but he didn't. I can only hope that fellow Oak Ridgers will show some class and refrain from bashing Gaston Miller for winning it.

I've been watching and listening to all the locals on this issue and everybody's entitled to their opinion, but when you start bashing other young men to prove your point, then I think you have gone to far.

Congratulations to Gaston for winning, and congrats to Spencer for helping lead Oak Ridge to the state finals. Both were deserving, and from what I saw Friday, you could switch the two players and each team would still have been in good shape.

I put this post on here to let everyone know that the results have been posted, not to start a who's better than who.

As a Oak Ridge supporter, I wish Spencer got the award also, but he didn't. I can only hope that fellow Oak Ridgers will show some class and refrain from bashing Gaston Miller for winning it.

I've been watching and listening to all the locals on this issue and everybody's entitled to their opinion, but when you start bashing other young men to prove your point, then I think you have gone to far.

Congratulations to Gaston for winning, and congrats to Spencer for helping lead Oak Ridge to the state finals. Both were deserving, and from what I saw Friday, you could switch the two players and each team would still have been in good shape.

This is the kid of reply I was looking for.

gulmire or miller gets this award. miller was dazzling in a losing effort as he gained 145 yards on 17 carries in riverdale's 17-0 loss against OR while gulmire got 103 tough yards on 19 carries for OR

Didn't mean to start the trash talking war. I remember reading what folks thought of Gaston up in Ohio. It was all praise.

Since Spencer helped his team beat Riverdale and stop the win streak. I thought he might be favored since their numbers were close and Miller had won it last year. From what I've seen of Spencer and read about his virtues, he would rather win a State Championship with his teammates and brother.

Get'em Cats and I know it dosn't take much to fire them up. So maybe thisw will be the spark to bring out there best.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Mr. Football award What A Joke Why dont they call it Mr. Middle State Football Thats OK We will take that gold ball home where it belongs Tank you where right on this one nice write up in the paper i hope spencer rushes for 500 yrds against ravenwood

Gulmire trying to break bias Middle TN Bias

I have never been a huge fan of individual awards and I don't think Spencer Gulmire is either.

The senior star, who is up for the Mr. Football award today, has much bigger fish to fry. In fact, he and the other Wildcats have a big championship fish to put on the grill Saturday night.

The awards luncheon for the American General Mr. Football Awards takes place this afternoon at 12:30 EST. If you took a poll of Oak Ridge and East Tennessee fans, Gulmire would get the award hands down.

Don't get your hopes up.

While I doubt there is a single player more deserving of the award, the past proves that his chances are slim.

All you have to do is take a look at the list of winners of the award from the past 20 years to realize that East Tennessee doesn't do well for this award, dominated by the middle section of the state.

To read the rest go to the site. Tank did make the call.

Anyone who says Gaston was dominated by Oak Ridge either wasn't at the game or can't read stats...

Gaston Miller 17 carries 145 yards... thats 8.5 avg per carry

Spencer Guilmire 19 carries 103 yards...thats 5.4 avg per carry

You have no basis for saying Gaston didn't deserve the award. Both are great backs...Gaston just got more votes.