Region 6-5A 2006

ambiguousrock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember earlier this year, the same talk about Ravenwood loosing some key senior starters that took them into the second round of the playoffs. They had a good returning core of players and by most, they were predicted to win 6-5A in preseason.

Coaching staff can be the big difference in the off-season. Who can coach the players into football shape and mold them into one unit as solid performers?

The coaches at Brentwood and Ravenwood are proven to be on the top end in 6-5A.

It will be interesting to see what Franklin coaches can do in their second year. The first year was fairly successful.

I’m not sure about Centennial. If someone can point some key features out, I would like to know. Good QB for next year if he has someone to catch and run the ball.

Independence is about another year or two away. They will have talent, just not sure about the quality of coaches.

Dickson County is Dickson County. Always a tough, well coach, hard nose team that comes up on the short end of the stick due to depth.

Columbia has talent but no discipline. They had some players on that team and one of largest line (some big boys). However, the coaches got very little out of them. I didn’t see too much out of the Alabama recruit Tremayne Coger from Columbia in the Ravenwood game. I was a kind of shock about him being recruited to Tuscaloosa. I didn’t see any glaring talent from him during the game. I don’t except anything from Columbia Central in the near future. Moving Mt. Pleasant head coach to Columbia could be a positive.

Clarksville NE should be playing 4A Clarksville area schools. They are totally out of their league playing in 6-5A. The TSSAA should at least move them to 5-5A for shorter travel distance. Overton would be worthy opponent in 6-5A as well as shorter travel time.

I remember earlier this year, the same talk about Ravenwood loosing some key senior starters that took them into the second round of the playoffs. They had a good returning core of players and by most, they were predicted to win 6-5A in preseason.

Coaching staff can be the big difference in the off-season. Who can coach the players into football shape and mold them into one unit as solid performers?

The coaches at Brentwood and Ravenwood are proven to be on the top end in 6-5A.

It will be interesting to see what Franklin coaches can do in their second year. The first year was fairly successful.

I’m not sure about Centennial. If someone can point some key features out, I would like to know. Good QB for next year if he has someone to catch and run the ball.

Independence is about another year or two away. They will have talent, just not sure about the quality of coaches.

Dickson County is Dickson County. Always a tough, well coach, hard nose team that comes up on the short end of the stick due to depth.

Columbia has talent but no discipline. They had some players on that team and one of largest line (some big boys). However, the coaches got very little out of them. I didn’t see too much out of the Alabama recruit Tremayne Coger from Columbia in the Ravenwood game. I was a kind of shock about him being recruited to Tuscaloosa. I didn’t see any glaring talent from him during the game. I don’t except anything from Columbia Central in the near future. Moving Mt. Pleasant head coach to Columbia could be a positive.

Clarksville NE should be playing 4A Clarksville area schools. They are totally out of their league playing in 6-5A. The TSSAA should at least move them to 5-5A for shorter travel distance. Overton would be worthy opponent in 6-5A as well as shorter travel time.

Like I've said before, Centennial is bringing back both of their running backs, as well as two of their wide receivers and two of their offensive linemen.

I didn't see any playmakers that were juniors. Could you name some?

Certainly....Ford (4) started a DB..second on team in interceptions, Presley (10) started at bandit, Cleckner (11) started a LB...all region, Ayres (16) started some at WR KR ran back a couple of kicks to TDs....Williams (87) started at DE lead team in sacks, Becker (5) started at SS enough said..sophmore, Lopez (8) kicker all region last year beat Franklin in playoffs...sophmore, Emkes (42) started some at WR great hands..lead team for 1st down catches, Snoeyenbos (60) started RT lead team in pancakes...graded out highest OL, Thompson (68) LT..enough said, Laidlaw (23) 3rd leading rusher...great speed..good hands...

The Raptors are in pretty good hands next year...if they click!

ravenwood is definitely primed for a solid season again next year.

i think everybody is so focused on the loss of jennings and williams and becker that they lose sight of what's returning. or perhaps they are simply unaware of what's returning.

let me state this right now

paul cleckner is a division I quality linebacker. size-wise, he may not make it. but he had 40 tackles as a freshman.

mike becker will surprise a LOT of people. he's solid.

cory laidlaw is a great back. not quite dylan williams, but pretty fast. he should have a good season behind those three returning linemen. i remember back in 7th grade when luke stansfield was so little that he had trouble keeping his balance and could be pushed around pretty easily. i watched him play in murfreesboro. WOW. he's grown up significantly. that's cool, luke, keep the cowboys of 2001 magic alive buddy.

and we can't forget that though ravenwood is graduating a solid group of seniors, so is everybody else.

a region championship is not out of the question by any means.

Edited by donathan5507

ravenwood is definitely primed for a solid season again next year.

i think everybody is so focused on the loss of jennings and williams and becker that they lose sight of what's returning. or perhaps they are simply unaware of what's returning.

let me state this right now

paul cleckner is a division I quality linebacker. size-wise, he may not make it. but he had 40 tackles as a freshman.

mike becker will surprise a LOT of people. he's solid.

cory laidlaw is a great back. not quite dylan williams, but pretty fast. he should have a good season behind those three returning linemen. i remember back in 7th grade when luke stansfield was so little that he had trouble keeping his balance and could be pushed around pretty easily. i watched him play in murfreesboro. WOW. he's grown up significantly. that's cool, luke, keep the cowboys of 2001 magic alive buddy.

and we can't forget that though ravenwood is graduating a solid group of seniors, so is everybody else.

a region championship is not out of the question by any means.

If Cleckner doesn't have the size of a D1 linebacker by the time he graduates, he won't be playing linebacker in College at the D1 level. How fast is he? They could always move him to a safety.

Consensus among region coaches and observers is that Ravenwood loaded up for this run and will have a drop off next year. They have some players returning but not a lot of depth, Also, you just don't get real successful with first year QB's who didn't see a lot of playing time behind center. Becker has some skills, but not the skills Jennings had that made the offense click.

Plus, Ravenwood's numbers will be down (18 sophs and 18 juniors and about 8 freshman who had to play JV). And how long does Rector hang around? That question has been rumbling under the surface of Region 6 for a couple of years.

There SHOULD be less disparity betwen the top 5 teams this year in the Region then was seen last year.

Consensus among region coaches and observers is that Ravenwood loaded up for this run and will have a drop off next year. They have some players returning but not a lot of depth, Also, you just don't get real successful with first year QB's who didn't see a lot of playing time behind center. Becker has some skills, but not the skills Jennings had that made the offense click.

Plus, Ravenwood's numbers will be down (18 sophs and 18 juniors and about 8 freshman who had to play JV). And how long does Rector hang around? That question has been rumbling under the surface of Region 6 for a couple of years.

There SHOULD be less disparity betwen the top 5 teams this year in the Region then was seen last year.

heck, you don't even need a consensus on this one. The fact is that they are losing their stud QB. I bet you Vanderbilt started their fair share of underclassmen this year, but with Cutler graduating, do you really think they'll be as successful as they were this year? No. Ravenwood is losing their leader; he's been the leader for 4 years. Plain and simple: Ravenwood will not have the success next season that they did this year.

heck, you don't even need a consensus on this one. The fact is that they are losing their stud QB. I bet you Vanderbilt started their fair share of underclassmen this year, but with Cutler graduating, do you really think they'll be as successful as they were this year? No. Ravenwood is losing their leader; he's been the leader for 4 years. Plain and simple: Ravenwood will not have the success next season that they did this year.

Obviously repeating the success of this year would be near impossible......Best in the State! The point made earlier is that they will be solid. Lots of college teams lose a starting QB and do well the next year. On the other hand some have two starting QB's with experience and tank. Here's something to think about. How well would TC have done on Columbia's team, or Clarksville's team? He would have been good, but do you think he could have carried them into the play-offs. It takes a team.

Obviously repeating the success of this year would be near impossible......Best in the State! The point made earlier is that they will be solid. Lots of college teams lose a starting QB and do well the next year. On the other hand some have two starting QB's with experience and tank. Here's something to think about. How well would TC have done on Columbia's team, or Clarksville's team? He would have been good, but do you think he could have carried them into the play-offs. It takes a team.

Yes, he would have carried Columbia to the playoffs most definately. Columbia needed a QB.

Yes, he would have carried Columbia to the playoffs most definately. Columbia needed a QB.

If Columbia really did beat only Spring Hill and two others, lost to Independence, one guy would not bring them into the play-offs. Win a few more maybe, 1st round maybe. Point is one guy can make a difference, but he can't carry a whole football team. A pitcher can shut down a team, a bball stud can dominate a game, but a QB can't excel without good blockers, runners, receivers. Get back to the point....Ravenwood should be very good again, even losing a D1 prospect, or two D1 prospects.

If you had read the entire thread, you'd have noticed that the majority of us don't think Ravenwood will mirror this year in 2006 because of the lack of Jennings. It's because they're losing a LOT of seniors that contributed the majority of the success. Once again, I know there were underclassmen that did their fair share, but this is a senior class that had played 3 years of varsity football. It's DIFFICULT to replace that.