Weekly Carter County --- Top 5

osubrutus

Championship game at DB will be tonight at 7:30-7:45. They are playing HV now, game was to start at 5:45, so they would be playing back to back if they win and three games today. In theTN High game, it was close until the last couple minutes. DB actually led into the second half. Mariah had a monster game scoring 29 of the 47 total. Kelli Culler was sick and didnt play.

Happy Valley's JV is pretty loaded with their young talent, Ward, Banks et al, and Im sure they will press our girls and try and tire us out. This will be their first game today.

postscript:

HV beats EHS by five in JV game today.

Edited by CycloneFan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hv looked good playing the host team on thurs beating them by 9 ,so i was told. and taking out gate city fri am at 10:45 by 18, then the young warriors played a hard fought battle with the cyclones and won by 5. they turned around and played jeff co. to win by 8. ward and banks made all tourney with k. hyder taking home the mvp.

Happy Valley Lady Warriors JV won the Lady Indians JV Christmas tournament in Kingsport last night. The tournament saw 3 Carter County teams make the semi-finals(Hampton, Elizabethton, Happy Valley). In the first semi-final Hampton was defeated by Jefferson County in a close contest. In the next semi-final, HV defeated Elizabethton to advance to the championship against Jefferson County.

In the championship game, HV defeated Jefferson County to win the tournament.

Happy Valley went 4-0 in the tournament improving their record to 8-3 overall and 3-0 in conference. On Thursday, HV defeated Dobyns Bennett 30-27. On Friday, HV defeated Gate City 52-29. In the semi-final game, HV defeated Elizabethton 39-34, led by 19 steals from the Lady Warrior defense.

In the championship, HV defeated Jefferson County 53-49.

Great TEAM defense effort by the Lady Warriors with all 12 players contributing to the tournament championship.

All tournament team selections for HV was Summer Ward and Hannah Banks.

For Elizabethton, Mariah Pietrowski made All-tournament. I am not sure, but think Hampton selection was Mikki Oliver.

Tournament MVP was Katie Hyder from Happy Valley.