1st year guy what to expect?

140 cchs

first year wrestling is always the worst time to be a wrestler(at least it was for me). You have to learn all these new wrestling moves, go to tournaments that feel that make you feel very small, and possibly be on the junior varsity squad. You have to get used to the matches considering you have no teammate out on the mat to help you. If you get beat bad over and over again just because you are a 1st year wrestler dont worry because you will be doing that to other wrestlers on down the road. Just flow with the year and take every match,practice, and tournament one step at a time and you should be fine. And dont forget about making weight...that is the worst part of the sport. :angry:

I had fun my first year wrestling...I didn't have all the pressure and expectancy that I do now.. I was able to have fun because I was just learning. It is a little stressful though because you will come up against kids who have a lot of experience, but don't worry. Everytime you wrestle you are just gaining expewrience to get better

Seniors that have experiance will seam like wrestling gods and it will feel like your never going to be that good.

However next year you will have your moves down and some first year guy will think he will never be that good.

Set yourself th goal of placing in a tournament and then if you can do that go for placing in your region.

You can do it!2092072.jpg

Edited by RamRod