Region 2

gun816

Nice ranking but ...Sievert (Fult) has pinned the Halls kid 2x I do not believe there ia any question that Turner and Sievert are the top two public school kids at 119 in our soon to be district. Heck even Blaster will back that. And at 140 WB kid is tough as nail but really the Seymour Kid???? He would be tech'ed under 4:00 by Kemmler.

135 Gibbs kid needs added

145 Cathlolic kid is overrated but 145 is weak

152 Lindsey is the best

189 Didnt we watch Prescott beat Reveiz (Blaster dont get offended)

171 Farragut kid needs mentioning

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice ranking but ...Sievert (Fult) has pinned the Halls kid 2x I do not believe there ia any question that Turner and Sievert are the top two public school kids at 119 in our soon to be district. Heck even Blaster will back that. And at 140 WB kid is tough as nail but really the Seymour Kid???? He would be tech'ed under 4:00 by Kemmler.

135 Gibbs kid needs added

145 Cathlolic kid is overrated but 145 is weak

152 Lindsey is the best

189 Didnt we watch Prescott beat Reveiz (Blaster dont get offended)

171 Farragut kid needs mentioning

Nope, Coach your seam to be on it. Prescott had Shane Reviez wrestle his style. That takes good coaching and a smart wrestler. Coach what does soon to be District mean?

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

103 Sluder (GB)

Hoang (Catholic)

Smith (Sey)

Jones (Fulton)

112 Harless (Karns) *** The young man is on a Mission to be State Champ B)

Roddy (King)

Kearney (South Doyle)**** Harless owned him at KIL

Drolman (William Blount)-*** looked good at the Regional duals

119 Ridenhour (Mary) ****IMO- this wgt class is deeper in our region than most folks want to beleave. Could be some upsets.

King (Seymour)

Sievert (Fult)

Roddy (King)

Halls- ***All he has is his Legs and scissors. He beat Turner last year with it but that move can get you pinned once a coach teaches his wrestler how to counter it. He's a tuff kid but nees to give that up or just use it against inferior opponets. I saw him get pinned 4 times this year with that technique.

Turnern (Farr)

125 Geren (SD) ****I think any of the four could win.

McCroskey (Sey)

Farinella (Far)

Birdwell (Bear)

130 Legg (Sey)

McDonough (Ful)

Hibbert (Karns)

W. Blount

135 Shields (Maryville)*** Who else in this region is worthy?

Alcoa

140 Walker (WB)

Shuler (Sey)

Fulton

Karns

Grieco (Farr)

145 Hendricks (Mary)

Wilson (Sey)

Cowan (King)

Catholic

Travis(Farr)

152 Scandlyn (Kingston)

Reagan (Sey)

Lindsey (Karns)

Bevelheimer (Bear)

Laughton Johnson (Farr)

160 Lawson (King)

Metcalf (PF)

Hall (Mary)

West

171 Hall (Mary)

Gratz (WB)

Joslin (King)

Henry (SC)

Besola (FArr)

189 Morgan (UC)

Cable (Mary)

Reveiz (Far)

Prescott (Gibbs)

215 Reveiz (Farragut)

William Blount

Caleb Leonard (Halls)

Corey Jeacock (Mary)

275 Vandergriff (Halls)*** is just me or is Big John not looking his best!

Ethan Flynn (Sey)

Maryville

Austin East

Farragut has a few Seniors who are peaking. Hopefully we can give the big boys some comp.

Nope, Coach your seam to be on it. Prescott had Shane Reviez wrestle his style. That takes good coaching and a smart wrestler. Coach what does soon to be District mean?

I may be mistaken and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe next year there will be change to the District and Regional formats. What that means is only the top four of our district will go on to wrestle in the regional tournament. Our district will look much like the KIL except Webb will not be part of it.

I may be mistaken and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe next year there will be change to the District and Regional formats. What that means is only the top four of our district will go on to wrestle in the regional tournament. Our district will look much like the KIL except Webb will not be part of it.

I wasn't aware of that but it makes sense. However, that would cut down on the gate of the school hosting the Regional.

again, Roddy is 119. If, he is able to make it back. Wish he was 112!

You and me both.

again, Roddy is 119. If, he is able to make it back. Wish he was 112!

Here you go RCP! Yep I wish Turner was at 112! Then that would be the strongest wgt class in our region. Since most of these kids are Sophs, the next four years should be interesting. I see a state Champ coming out of the 112, 119 and 125 groups when they become middle wgts. I think some of these kids have a great opportunity to place at state. If we can keep them healthy, loving the sport and last but not least hitting the books.

119 Ridenhour (Mary) ****IMO- this wgt class is deeper in our region than most folks want to beleave. Could be some upsets.

King (Seymour)

Sievert (Fult)

Roddy (King)

Halls- ***All he has is his Legs and scissors. He beat Turner last year with it but that move can get you pinned once a coach teaches his wrestler how to counter it. He's a tuff kid but needs to give that up or just use it against inferior opponets. I saw him get pinned 4 times this year with that technique.

Turner (Farr)

Just wondering????????????????????/

Has any team ever finished higher than 4th in the State from Region 2?

HALLS HIGH SCHOOL PLACED THIRD IN 1977. THEY WERE LEAD BY CHRIS VANDERGRIFF (STATE CHAMP AND CURRENT HALLS COACH), LARRY NEELY (4TH PLACE AND CURRENT PRINCIPAL AT MAYNARDVILLE ELEM AND WRESTLING OFFICIAL) AND JOHNNY LACAVA (4TH PLACE AND CURRENT TEACHER AT MARYVILLE ELEM AND ASSISTANT SOCCER COACH AT MARYVILLE COLLEGE).

HALLS TIED NORTE DAME FOR THIRD PLACE BECAUSE OF A PIN FROM VANDERGRIFF IN THE FINALS. HALLS WAS THE HIGHEST FINISHING PUBLIC SCHOOL TEAM IN THE STATE THAT YEAR.

THE ANIMAL

Here you go RCP! Yep I wish Turner was at 112! Then that would be the strongest wgt class in our region. Since most of these kids are Sophs, the next four years should be interesting. I see a state Champ coming out of the 112, 119 and 125 groups when they become middle wgts. I think some of these kids have a great opportunity to place at state. If we can keep them healthy, loving the sport and last but not least hitting the books.

King (Seymour)

Sievert (Fult)

Roddy (King)

Halls- ***All he has is his Legs and scissors. He beat Turner last year with it but that move can get you pinned once a coach teaches his wrestler how to counter it. He's a tuff kid but needs to give that up or just use it against inferior opponets. I saw him get pinned 4 times this year with that technique.

Turner (Farr)

what do u mean by IMO what does that mean