Region 2

gun816

what do u mean by IMO what does that mean

In my opinion! (IMO)

Halls finish was in the state individuals. Karns may have been 3rd in the stae duals in the very early 90's. Jackson probably can be specific to this question as he was their excellent coach B) for many years.

So are region has a history of competing. Good to know. Thanks for the information.

This is the great part of CoachT.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Noonesfool for the compliment. In 1991 there were four teams in the dual meet tournament, McCallie, Brentwood High, Karns and I have forgoten who the Memphsis team was. We wrestled Brentwood in the first round and even though we had beaten them during the regular season 41-28, we lost 38-21. I guess you could say we finished in the top four. In the individual tourament that year we finished in 6th. In 1994 we qualified for the state dual meet tournament, and finished dead last. In 1995 we finished in 5th place in the dual meet, 15th in the individual, and 7th in the Coaches' Poll. In 1996 Karns finished 7th in the individual, 7th in the Coaches' Poll and won the regional large school dual meet tournament, but the blizzard kept us from competing in the state dual meet tournament, so we will never know what Karns would have done that year. This was pre split.

My philosophy was always to win everything you could, we never held back or saved anything because I believe unless you go all out then you are cheating yourself and your wrestlers. We spent more time in Nashville and Chattanooga than we did in Knoxville. We traveled to tournaments in Rockmart, GA, Carbondale ,IL, Dayton, OH, Nashville and Chattanooga and any place in between that made us have to work. Sometimes we came back winners and other time we we came back beat up, but we learned every time.

We did not do bad for a team whose coach learned how to wrestle from a book, did not have a feeder program, and rarely had anyone who had ever seen a wrestling mat before arriving in high school.

Good Luck to Science Hill, Greeneville, and Maryville this weekend. These three outstanding coaches and teams will do East Tennessee proud.

Thank you Noonesfool for the compliment. In 1991 there were four teams in the dual meet tournament, McCallie, Brentwood High, Karns and I have forgoten who the Memphsis team was. We wrestled Brentwood in the first round and even though we had beaten them during the regular season 41-28, we lost 38-21. I guess you could say we finished in the top four. In the individual tourament that year we finished in 6th. In 1994 we qualified for the state dual meet tournament, and finished dead last. In 1995 we finished in 5th place in the dual meet, 15th in the individual, and 7th in the Coaches' Poll. In 1996 Karns finished 7th in the individual, 7th in the Coaches' Poll and won the regional large school dual meet tournament, but the blizzard kept us from competing in the state dual meet tournament, so we will never know what Karns would have done that year. This was pre split.

My philosophy was always to win everything you could, we never held back or saved anything because I believe unless you go all out then you are cheating yourself and your wrestlers. We spent more time in Nashville and Chattanooga than we did in Knoxville. We traveled to tournaments in Rockmart, GA, Carbondale ,IL, Dayton, OH, Nashville and Chattanooga and any place in between that made us have to work. Sometimes we came back winners and other time we we came back beat up, but we learned every time.

We did not do bad for a team whose coach learned how to wrestle from a book, did not have a feeder program, and rarely had anyone who had ever seen a wrestling mat before arriving in high school.

Good Luck to Science Hill, Greeneville, and Maryville this weekend. These three outstanding coaches and teams will do East Tennessee proud.

Where's this fine coach today?

His poor daughters worked every Karns invitational in their teenage years. DD I hope to see you at states.

your friend,

DH

Once again thank you for your kind words. Wrestling was a family afair for us. Susie and the girls were actively invoved because during the wrestling season we were on the road so much that, that is about the only way they were able to be together. Those were great days which my family and I truly enjoyed. I am not going to be able to make it to Clarksville, but I wil see you in Cahttanooga.

Good luck to Coach Brimmer and the Greeneville team.

Hey Blaster...would you like to give us some rankings for regions in 2 weeks...who will do what in what class...whos the darkhorses....what team will have most qualifiers and things like that..? Just asking lol making it interesting

Dude, R U trying to get me shot or what :ph34r: I really haven't had a chance to watch these fine youn men in our region. Thats why the 189lb from Gibbs was such a shock.

A week ago FHS would have been a Dark horse. I saw statements like the worst team in the Region, etc.