Westview at Obion Co

ParisRiverRat

I call it exactly how I see it. I am the first to talk about how poorly my favorite team is playing. Don't be blinded by your "Rebel goggles"....watch the tape, if you were on the floor, your vision might have been obstructed. The tripping play in question was blatant, whether she is a good person or not is not the question.

Donnie Joyner (referee) even called it intentional. How often does that happen?

If you think I am going to sugar coat it, you obviously haven't read many of my posts! I pulled for Obion last year to win in the state tournament. I won't make that mistake again! Of course, they have NO CHANCE of making it that far this year!

THE TAPE DOESN'T LIE, WATCH IT!

By the way, I am pulling for Union City to do well, and I was the first on these boards to say that those girls would do well in single A. I like their chances of being in the 'Boro alot more than Obion's chances! B)

First of all it is pretty sad when you have to degrade a team. I recently saw who you were at the OC game and I am somewhat surprised that you see things that way. I don't mean to get "short" B) with you but you might want to be able to back up all the smack you have been talking. Why don't you go tell the girl and her parents that she should be disciplined instead of just running your mouth on a chat room. Be a man. Step up! The girl had been ball screened all night and she thought this was another one coming. She tried to step over the screen only to realize it was not a screen after it was too late. Maybe you should learn the real story before you pop off again.

By the way, IT is called THE PIT not the barn, which,with your manners, you must have been born in.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call it exactly how I see it. I am the first to talk about how poorly my favorite team is playing. Don't be blinded by your "Rebel goggles"....watch the tape, if you were on the floor, your vision might have been obstructed. The tripping play in question was blatant, whether she is a good person or not is not the question.

If you think I am going to sugar coat it, you obviously haven't read many of my posts! I pulled for Obion last year to win in the state tournament. I won't make that mistake again! Of course, they have NO CHANCE of making it that far this year!

By the way, I am pulling for Union City to do well, and I was the first on these boards to say that those girls would do well in single A. I like their chances of being in the 'Boro alot more than Obion's chances! B)

First of all it is pretty sad when you have to degrade a team. I recently saw who you were at the OC game and I am somewhat surprised that you see things that way. I don't mean to get "short" B) with you but you might want to be able to back up all the smack you have been talking. Why don't you go tell the girl and her parents that she should be disciplined instead of just running your mouth on a chat room. Be a man. Step up! The girl had been ball screened all night and she thought this was another one coming. She tried to step over the screen only to realize it was not a screen after it was too late. Maybe you should learn the real story before you pop off again.

By the way, IT is called THE PIT not the barn, which,with your manners, you must have been born in.

It's not like the Lady Rebels have played Podunk HS 10 times. The teams that have beaten OC are a combined 102-24. Take out defending state champ Chester Co. and AAA Munford's records and the opponents' recors are 84-10. Thats pretty good. Considering the Lady Rebels have been in or led each of those games at least until halftime, that shows a young ballclub. Talent makes games close, but experience turns close games into wins. When those girls get a little more experience, the tide will turn.

As far as OC playing well, they missed several shots that they should make.

Coaching change??? I challenge anyone to play the teams OC has played this year with a young team and have a better record. WHo knows what will happen, but I dont see a coach with a state tourney appearance in his first season being removed for losing to the best teams in West Tennessee.

Good Luck Lady Rebels!!

I don't post very often, but I happened to be at this game. The foul was uncalled for, it was an intentional foul. Move on, lots of teams are taught to foul late in the game. The problem is that the foul was too obvious, lots of teams foul late, but do not do it in such a hard way. Was the girl that was fouled in question injured in any way? That was my take on the situation.

Its not like OC has played Podunk HS night in and night out. Their combined opponents' record is 102-24 (76%). If you leave out defending AA champ Chester County and AAA Munford (combined record of 18-14), that record becomes 84-10(84%). I would challenge any other teams across the state to play the best teams in West Tennessee night in and night out and have a better record. The Lady Rebels have played some great teams, no questions asked. Could they have won some of those games?? Absolutely! Talent will keep games close, but it takes experience to pull them out. Once thses girls have some more game time under their belts, their luck can and will change. Will it be this year?? Who knows. But, it will happen.

Westview is a great team, but even great teams have bad games. Ask Union City's boys about last year. Be glad that Friday night wasn't a game in February of March.

As for a coaching change, that's how rumors get started. No one in Obion County is going to call for ES's head for losing to good teams with his team of mostly freshmen and sophomores. If he had a senior-heavy roster and they were "should win" games, then maybe. But that hasn't been the case (see above records of opponents).

Keep your heads up Lady Rebels, keep working hard and improving, and turn some heads in the second half of the season. Get well soon, Gentry.

Go Lady Rebels!!!!!

Its not like OC has played Podunk HS night in and night out. Their combined opponents' record is 102-24 (76%). If you leave out defending AA champ Chester County and AAA Munford (combined record of 18-14), that record becomes 84-10(84%). I would challenge any other teams across the state to play the best teams in West Tennessee night in and night out and have a better record. The Lady Rebels have played some great teams, no questions asked. Could they have won some of those games?? Absolutely! Talent will keep games close, but it takes experience to pull them out. Once thses girls have some more game time under their belts, their luck can and will change. Will it be this year?? Who knows. But, it will happen.

Westview is a great team, but even great teams have bad games. Ask Union City's boys about last year. Be glad that Friday night wasn't a game in February of March.

As for a coaching change, that's how rumors get started. No one in Obion County is going to call for ES's head for losing to good teams with his team of mostly freshmen and sophomores. If he had a senior-heavy roster and they were "should win" games, then maybe. But that hasn't been the case (see above records of opponents).

Keep your heads up Lady Rebels, keep working hard and improving, and turn some heads in the second half of the season. Get well soon, Gentry.

Go Lady Rebels!!!!!

Go Lady Rebels!!!!!

Go Lady Rebels!!!!!