What the heck is Coach Marcum doing?

highlandermom

For all the Scott County fans, you dont need to worry about Coach M. Even though I dont have anything to do with Scott County Athletics, I've observed Coach M. working with an AAU team this past summer. There were girls from Scott Co, Kingston, Wartburg and Sunbright I believe. I was extremely impressed with his coaching ability. He taught things that other High School Coaches dont even know to teach. The fans in Scott Co. need to be patient and understand that even with the greatest coach, you can only be as good as the talent you have. I'm sure Marcum will get his girls to produce at their highest level, that may or maynot be enough to win a district.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a daughter that played at SHS but I don't anymore. All this was, was my opinion, it wasn't gospel. I really do like Marcum, and I was very excited when he came to SHS, and I believe you all are correct that it is his team and he can run it like he wants.

But I still don't agree with his rotation lately, and I even left out some girls when I mentioned some that hasn't been played. But this is a place to put up opinions and that's what I did, I don't really care if anyone else agrees with me or not. And I liked Kries last year, I hated to see him go, and if everyone last year thought the younger players needed to be played and this year the older ones need to be played, then I think we are talking about the same group of young girls, because the 2 Seniors and several Juniors this year would have been the young girls from last years team.

Because I get on here and give my opinon on something doesn't mean I don't support Marcum or the Lady Highlanders. I love to watch them play and I am a very big fan. I just say what I think, don't really care if anyone else cares or not.

Highlandermom, you do have the right to post your opinion. But as far as being a supportive fan, this is being anything but supportive. Someone thats being supportive only makes positive comments.

When I mentioned younger girls in my last post, the most mentioned ones were 3 freshman and 2 sophomores.

Well after reading all the post that has been made here, I would like to apologize to Coach Marcum, if I offended him or any of his players. That was not my intention. I just had an opinon and didn't mean to hurt any of the players on the team nor did I mean to undermind Coach M. I love SHS and I am a big fan ..win or lose I support my Highlanders.

Now offending anyone else I could care less. But if any of the Lady Highlanders or Coach M read this and thought that my post meant that I didn't support them, well then I am very sorry that simply is not true.

But to respond to a comment about playing the younger players because they are the future and in building a program that's what you have to do. Well my question is this, are the Freshmen and Sophmores being played now going to be tossed to the side in 2 years when new girls come in?

If that is the case, then I can't say that I agree with that. Yes play the young girls , SHS has some awesome young girls. But there always will be fans who think they can do better than the coach does, I don't think I can do better, I just wanted to try and understand why Marcum has been doing what he has been doing.

But then again he owes me nothing, I am just a fan that pays 4 bucks at the door to come in and watch the girls win some games. As it is according to most of the replies in here, I don't mean nothing and I know nothing.

To the all the Lady Highlanders best of Luck with the rest of your season, keeping playing hard every night, to the young girls I will be watching you over the next few years, and I hope you all can bring home a District title again. To the older girls keep working hard I thank you for the 4 or 3 years you have put your time and effort in. I support you all. and to Coach Marcum good luck and I hope you will be around for many years to come and build the program of your dreams.

Edited by highlandermom