Anderson County at Clinton

Steelersfan20

Anderson County got SCREWED. The last foul of the game, there is no way that AC would foul some one with 6 seconds left on the clock and the game tied, i mean sure they made some mistakes, but gahh, the referees stunk!!!

In my book, ANDERSON COUNTY WON that game!!!!!!!

Anderson county has got their hands full monday

the halls devils come to town after beat anderson county by 20+ earlier this year at home

Halls coming off a big win vrs powell by 7 could have alot of momentum, BUT i think it will come down to the wire just like this clinton and anderson county game did tonight...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to also get on here and praise AC for playing a great game and much improved over their last showing with the Dragons. But since bbplayer25 wants to get on here and complain about the refs, I won't. As far as the last foul, the ref came over to Eldridge when it happened and explained that he held his jersey. That is indeed worthy of a foul...more than just a hand check is grabbing the jersey. I bet the kid won't do that again !

I wish you could be above the comments of one coacht poster to say what you thought about AC's efforts last night at Clinton...All the Clinton fans said AC had no chance, but AC brought it last night and had the Dragons on the ropes, and as one Clinton parent told me..it was a good thing Sharp fouled out because he was the most dominate player on the court last night. Hats off to Dye and Owens and the other Dragons for their huge threes to pull Clinton back after AC took the lead down the stretch. Tie ball game with 5.4 seconds to go.........wouldn't you rather see a spectacular game won by a spectacular play instead of a whistle...oh well...the ref made the call on the freshman as you so eloquently stated and Clinton won, but AC still feels good about this game.....good luck down the stretch to the Dragons......

All i got to say is a Blowout yeah right. Clinton is lucky to have the Win, and thats about all it was is a win. They got outplayed in every aspect of the game. Sharp owned the boards. And Laverdiere gave clinton a lesson on how to handle the ball. Yeah that was a crapy call at the end of the game. They pretty much tackled Laverdiere on the full court press multiple times and Rorex hardly touched Dye and every Ref on the floors whistle blew. And it would have been a different outcome if Sharp wouldn't have fouled out. AC got screwed.

AC get blown out in the Dragon Den... SURE. Clinton won on a crap call they call a hand check a foul in the backcourt when theres 5.6 seconds left in the game and the score is tied. Everyone knows that the team without the ball is going to D-up hard. The call was BULL. On the new NCAA, NBA goals AC didnt need to stroke from behind the arc, all they had to do was get the ball to Sharp and he dominated every Clinton post that they put on him. Laverdiere, and Rorex broke the Clinton press like it was nothing. AC should have won the game no doubt.

The last call was right and within 5 feet of me. The freshman did pull his jersey. The ref could not help but make that call. I was hoping the ref's wouldn't have to make a call at the end of a game like this.

With that said AC played one heck of a game and I know it hurts to lose a game like that, but AC PLAYED GREAT. Not only JL and JS but all who played and coached. Don't let that get you down, you can build on that kind of effort.

The last call was right and within 5 feet of me. The freshman did pull his jersey. The ref could not help but make that call. I was hoping the ref's wouldn't have to make a call at the end of a game like this.

With that said AC played one heck of a game and I know it hurts to lose a game like that, but AC PLAYED GREAT. Not only JL and JS but all who played and coached. Don't let that get you down, you can build on that kind of effort.

I say don't make a cheap call. Well if they had no choice to make that call, what about the last 10 times they bodychecked Laverdiere in the press.

The AC coach quoted as saying they played the best game of the year. The Clinton coach agreed that AC outplayed the Dragons. The Dragons obviously did not play to their potential having a low percentage of the 3 shot made. The3 very first posession of the game, the Dragons tried 5 3s and had 4 offensive rebounds and missed every shot ! The Dragons this year live and die on the 3. AC definitely outplayed the Dragons in the post. I think that JL tried to force his way through the Dragon D too often, which to the biased posters here, had the appearance of a foul, which it was not. I would say JL played very well against one of the best defenses in ET. Good teams find a way to win on a bad night. How many times has it been said ?

Good luck to the Mavs down the stretch. You will have your years in the future with this young team coming up. Both teams benefitted from the game and will help them down the district stretch.

get over it !

The AC coach quoted as saying they played the best game of the year. The Clinton coach agreed that AC outplayed the Dragons. The Dragons obviously did not play to their potential having a low percentage of the 3 shot made. The3 very first posession of the game, the Dragons tried 5 3s and had 4 offensive rebounds and missed every shot ! The Dragons this year live and die on the 3. AC definitely outplayed the Dragons in the post. I think that JL tried to force his way through the Dragon D too often, which to the biased posters here, had the appearance of a foul, which it was not. I would say JL played very well against one of the best defenses in ET. Good teams find a way to win on a bad night. How many times has it been said ?

Good luck to the Mavs down the stretch. You will have your years in the future with this young team coming up. Both teams benefitted from the game and will help them down the district stretch.

get over it !

I agree that jl tried to force to much late but that is his game. You are wrong because you dont have to make that call. Everyone knows if the foul does not impede the player you dont make it. The same grabbing and hand checking happened all night by both teams. Why do you have to make it with 6 seconds and a tie game? Also, dont tell me clinton is one of the best defensive teams they dont play with any fundamentals they just gamble and play physical. They get away with a ton of fouls and sub a lot--they are actually a poor defensive team

I am wrong ? I did not make the call, the ref did. As far as your opinion about Clinton's defense and fundamentals, I could not disagree more. I think you are just a sore loser and you still have not gotten over it yet ! Looks like AC didn't either having lost again last night to Halls. Better get over it soon because the district games start for them Friday.

Funny how the AC fans whine about one foul, in a close game. Where was all this whinning when Clinton blew them out earlier this year? I guess one foul or supposedly bad call didn't matter then. With all of Clinton's lack of fundamentals, gambling defenses, and physical play they still beat AC twice. Must not say much for AC's fundementals, defense and physical play.

The game is over Clinton won. You'll get another chance next year. <_<

You are correct AC's fundamentals on D arent that good. What does that have to do with the call made at the end of the game. By the way I am not even from AC and I never attended AC I am just a basketball fan, and any baskteball fan knows neither one of those two teams can really D anyone up in the half court game. Can you say you wouldn't be whining if that call late in the ball game would have been against you? Now I know everyone is tired of talking about the CALL but if you want to talk about basketball and this rivalry lets talk about how Coach Eldridge the past 5 or 6 years has won with a team far less talented than Clinton. This guy has beaten Clinton who's talent level is much better year in and year out. Getting the most out of what you have is so important and Coach Eldridge does that as well as anyone in the business. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year.