Aric new coach at Wilson Central

Eddie

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my understanding loopy principal karnagis wanted to keep the job in house so he wouldn't have to do any staff shuffling. It's easier (for him) that way. Aric rose to the top after Atwood indicated he would stay on & support Aric and Crane would be working with Alexander at Cumberland during football season.

As usual, director of schools Duncan had the final interview, signed off on Aric and OK'd the promotion. I too, have heard karnagis is on the way out -- but who knows? Dr. Duncan's contract is up late this year and he'll be retiring to his home state of Florida. Maybe he's letting karnagis hang around another year and become someone else's problem.

Apparently there's a reason they didn't just give Aric the job a couple of days after Alexander resigned. They opened it up for 10 days due to the local contract with the teachers assn. That allowed anyone in the county to look into it.

I heard Ron Gray (former Oak Ridge asst. and MJ native), the offensive coordinator at Ravenwood (I don't remember his name) and someone else interviewed for the post. I honestly don't know the name of the third person.

IMO, karnagis wasn't interested in bringing in someone who might become a thorn in his side like Alexander had been. As long as the chorus is happy, karnagis will be happy. Of course that's just my opinion.

Not just the chorus, Eddie....the band too.