Grace - McCallie II

heb12:2

He isnt as big a factor as eldridge or maybe smith? wow. Eldridge does provide a large part of the offense. But that shows you truely lack a bit of basketball knowledge. First of all offense is only half of the game and nick is graces best defend other than maybe carter. And yes nick did foul out and gets in foul trouble but his 5th foul was when grace had to foul at the end of the game and his 4th was diving after a loose ball (awful call). He is a very big factor in Graces game. Also dont forget he rebounds better than maybe any guard in the city.

Nah, he's completely overrated... :P

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie is good this year. Last time they played Grace they shot around 50% from behind the arc and lost by like 6. They will have to catch fire again. McCallie is very well coached and i dont see a blowout but grace by 5-10.

Well first of all I was talking about offense, but if you wanna talk defense and Van Horn ok. And I am no bball genious , anyone would tell you that, but are you? Arent you a baseball player?

Anyways, If what you say is true that Van Horn is the best defender other than Carter, why is it that he guards Vespie? Im not downing Ves but if hes your best defender wouldnt he guard Seth Skogen? I know Seth is a post, but the majority of the time he gets the ball at the top of the key and either drives and shoots jump shots or shoots threes, opposed to posting up.

Im not saying Van Horn isnt a key player to Grace, but I think our weekness is contesting threes (from eldridge) and Jeffrey Smiths quick pull up jumpers. So against us I dont think Van Horn is as big of a factor.

Back to the real topic of this post. McCallie 66 Grace 55

McCallie played really good. Eldridged carried Grace in the first half with 15 first half points. Grace was up at half and then McCallie had a huge thrid quarter. Grace tried to come back in the 4th but any hopes of a comeback were dashed after Hobbs had three wide open layups when he was cherry picking. I dont know if that was a play with Hobbs getting those layups but if it isnt it needs to be. Van Horn played but was ineffective. Good win for McCallie they played well.