Bad grammar, bad spelling

girlpower

DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU RBS IS BETTER JACKSON CO. IS IN YOUR DISTRICT.LEMAR AND THE GIRLS WILL BE COMPETIVE IN POSTPLAY.THAT

IS SAME TEAM THAT BEAT UPPERMAN LAST WEEK.I AM SURE COACH PRACTICES EACH DAY AND KNOWS WHO TO PLAY BETTER THAN ANYONE

This is a post from "senator" from Red Boiling Springs

I take back what I said about Celina and Jackson Co., hope my sincere apologizes are accepted.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduated from a Tennessee high school and I speak English well--and I don't forget to capitalize. I have a bachelor's degree from a Tennessee college. In addition, I have a doctorate from a Tennessee university.

My Tennessee education makes me wonder what your last two sentences have to do with one another. You seem to be suggesting that if school boards had more money, kids would be more likely to go to school. My Tennessee education may be flawed, but it makes me wonder about the logic in that. Does your school system pay the kids to go to school? Are you saying that if the school board had more money, they could pay the kids more and, therefore, they'd be more likely to attend school? That's an unusual system.

Also, shouldn't that be "people who live in a state," BTW?

Also, shouldn't that be, "even the ones who graduate," BTW?

Also, shouldn't that be, "people who cannot read or write," BTW?

You did get "fine people" right, though.

I reckon what we hvae heer is a failrue to comunicate. I reckon so.

i admit that i did not fare well in my english classes in school.

i never got good grades on anything i wrote,

my spelling was ok, but my grammar was not.

then, some years after i graduated, i got so fired up about a topic that i wrote a "letter to the editor" to a magazine.

they wrote back, and asked me to make the "letter" into an article.

25 years later, i am approaching 1,000 articles and stories published.

at one time or another, stuff i wrote has been translated into 17 different languages.

not that bad for a guy that got a "C" in freshman comp...

as it turns out, editors dont grade your grammar, they correct it.

content seems to be what is important.

that said, i am still amazed at the people on here, who cannot communicate in english.

as was said in the first post, some offerings are beyond comprehension.

if the threads didnt have titles, it would be difficult to determine the topic, much less the writer's opinion.

it doesnt take a lot of education, nor a lifelong study of grammar, to be able to articulate one's thoughts in the native language.

i would be willing to bet, i am not the only one who judges these garbled, incoherent posts to come from people of substandard intelligence.

Edited by lazarus

i admit that i did not fare well in my english classes in school.

i never got good grades on anything i wrote,

my spelling was ok, but my grammar was not.

then, some years after i graduated, i got so fired up about a topic that i wrote a "letter to the editor" to a magazine.

they wrote back, and asked me to make the "letter" into an article.

25 years later, i am approaching 1,000 articles and stories published.

at one time or another, stuff i wrote has been translated into 17 different languages.

not that bad for a guy that got a "C" in freshman comp...

as it turns out, editors dont grade your grammar, they correct it.

content seems to be what is important.

that said, i am still amazed at the people on here, who cannot communicate in english.

as was said in the first post, some offerings are beyond comprehension.

if the threads didnt have titles, it would be difficult to determine the topic, much less the writer's opinion.

it doesnt take a lot of education, nor a lifelong study of grammar, to be able to articulate one's thoughts in the native language.

i would be willing to bet, i am not the only one who judges these garbled, incoherent posts to come from people of substandard intelligence.

I don't judge that way. I try to look past the grammatical failures (e.g., failures to punctuate or capitalize properly) and see the points made. Composition skills are not equivalent to intelligence. After all, there is no editor on this board.

all that verbiage but i failed to express my point.

no, it doesnt require grammar skills or good spelling to write something people can understand.

i was criticizing the posts that are unintelligible.

still, spelling isnt that hard...

some pitiful attempts at spelling seem to be ubiquitous on this forum:

definately and rediculous are just to much.

it is enough to make one loose one's mind

At first, this thread was hard to take seriously, you know what? It is still hard to take serious. Some people get on here, they don't have a HS diploma, but some have one, some only have a GED, some have a bachlors, some have a masters, some even have a doctorate. Now, what brings us all together on Coach T? HS SPORTS!! We are here to BS about our favorite team. Coach T, this is a great site, thank you for your work. :rolleyes:

Edited by worden55

Guest dare_2_dream

At first, this thread was hard to take seriously, you know what? It is still hard to take serious. Some people get on here, they don't have a HS diploma, but some have one, some only have a GED, some have a bachlors, some have a masters, some even have a doctorate. Now, what brings us all together on Coach T? HS SPORTS!! We are here to BS about our favorite team. Coach T, this is a great site, thank you for your work. :rolleyes:

I agree. I dont feel one should have to pass an IQ test to join.

I don't think you should have to pass an IQ test to join, but it would be nice if everyone could spell IQ correctly!!!

Seriously, the importance of one's ability to clearly articulate one's thoughts, and to be able to put them down in words, can't be overestimated. I agree that this board is and should be primarily about having fun conversing with others on a subject we all enjoy. And I don't mind the 'goofs' that we all make. However when you see a terribly written post with major flaws, and the author is demanding they be taken seriously, it is very difficult to give them full credence. Particularly when they are arguing some fine point of sports theory, regulations, or other somewhat serious position.

now yall ack lack u got sum smarts

The Highlander

I don't think you should have to pass an IQ test to join, but it would be nice if everyone could spell IQ correctly!!!

Seriously, the importance of one's ability to clearly articulate one's thoughts, and to be able to put them down in words, can't be overestimated. I agree that this board is and should be primarily about having fun conversing with others on a subject we all enjoy. And I don't mind the 'goofs' that we all make. However when you see a terribly written post with major flaws, and the author is demanding they be taken seriously, it is very difficult to give them full credence. Particularly when they are arguing some fine point of sports theory, regulations, or other somewhat serious position.

now yall ack lack u got sum smarts

The Highlander

Thanks for articulating my point very well. I think the goofs are funny, as well.

I think most are getting tired of this subject matter, so I vote we all drop it.