Bad grammar, bad spelling

girlpower

What do you expect from people that live in a state that has one of the highest high school dropout rates in the nation. Even the ones that graduate cannot spell or speak proper english. Just go out into your commuities and observe some of the fine people trying to communicate and you would also be surprised at the number of people that cannot read or write. The battle school boards are fighting over money will never be won. You can't educate the kids if they don't go to school.

I graduated from a Tennessee high school and I speak English well--and I don't forget to capitalize. I have a bachelor's degree from a Tennessee college. In addition, I have a doctorate from a Tennessee university.

My Tennessee education makes me wonder what your last two sentences have to do with one another. You seem to be suggesting that if school boards had more money, kids would be more likely to go to school. My Tennessee education may be flawed, but it makes me wonder about the logic in that. Does your school system pay the kids to go to school? Are you saying that if the school board had more money, they could pay the kids more and, therefore, they'd be more likely to attend school? That's an unusual system.

Also, shouldn't that be "people who live in a state," BTW?

Also, shouldn't that be, "even the ones who graduate," BTW?

Also, shouldn't that be, "people who cannot read or write," BTW?

You did get "fine people" right, though.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you expect from people that live in a state that has one of the highest high school dropout rates in the nation. Even the ones that graduate cannot spell or speak proper english. Just go out into your commuities and observe some of the fine people trying to communicate and you would also be surprised at the number of people that cannot read or write. The battle school boards are fighting over money will never be won. You can't educate the kids if they don't go to school.

If I were to grade this paper, you would get a B+ for originallity and substance, BUT THIS IS A SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD! :thumb:

Hey I couldn't find any commuities but I did find a few communities.

Thanks everyone for making my points exactly as I intended. Easy to get all of the experts excited over nothing. It is so refreshing that we have so many educated people on this website. Thanks for the grade worden55. Probably the best I have ever received. I realized this is a sports message board. I was just expressing an opinion about the topic that was started. Although, my opinions were not expressed very well according to the experts. Oh well, on to bigger and better things. Have a good one.

Thanks everyone for making my points exactly as I intended. Easy to get all of the experts excited over nothing. It is so refreshing that we have so many educated people on this website. Thanks for the grade worden55. Probably the best I have ever received. I realized this is a sports message board. I was just expressing an opinion about the topic that was started. Although, my opinions were not expressed very well according to the experts. Oh well, on to bigger and better things. Have a good one.

Just having fun :thumb: no offense intended!

Yeah, you just made a complete fool of yourself.....Besides it is a sports message board, not an English class.

Edited by defender25

Thanks defender for the reminder. I believe, as I have said before, I was just following up on the topic that was started. Sports board or not, no reason not to use the proper spelling or grammar, if that would be possible. I don't imagine that is possible though. Probably could use an English class myself. I am sure that no one else needs one though.

Really not completely concerned about my spelling or grammar on here. If I can get my point across, that is all that matters. In defense of the topic, I have seen some unrealistic attempts to communicate on here. Most of them come from Celina, but we try to over look them. Now that Jackson Co. is in the district, Devilfanatic is the spokesman for both areas so that we can understand what is being said. Thank goodness!! Congrats Jackson Co. on their district championship.