Collinwood Vs. Wayne Co.-1/24

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

The Collinwood Trojanettes (6-2 District) travel to W'boro to play the Waye Co. Ladycats (7-2 District) on Jan 24th. Collinwood's 2 losses in district have come to Wayne Co. and Perry Co. Waynesboro's 2 losses have come to Perry Co. in OT and Summertown in OT..so whats every ones thoughts and predictions on this big rivarly game??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne County holds a definite edge in this game with their size and with this game being at home. Collinwood will need to establish some kind of inside presence with Ray or H. Daniels if they expect to free up the outside shots, which the Trojanettes rely so heavily on. Andrews will have to pentrate, get her offense moving, and look for her own shot for Collinwoood to be succesful. This will probably be tough if Coach Byrd of Wayne County puts a just as quick, but a little taller, Melson (which I expect him to do) on her who is pretty tough defensively. All in all, I'm not sure Collinwood has all the weapons necessary to pull off the win on Wayne County's homefloor, so I'm going with the Lady Cats by 9.

Edited by ptguard12

If wayne county can play with the same intensity (from the first quarter against perry county)then they have a very good chance of winning. I just hope our cheering section will show a little more class than they did when we played

perry county especially since C'wood is our neighbors and friends.

Remember the scoreboard at the end of the game is what counts!! ladyvols I am interested in what you have to say.

First off, im getting tired of hearing how our cheering section wasnt classy and all that other crap...all we did was yell and cheer yall on!!...who are you any way waynecountybball???...were gonna be just as loud for this game...its our biggest rival...theres no friendship in this game!!

For the record, the cheering section cheers for the Ladycats. But, when the Ladycats lose, certain members of the team come to us and chew us out for not cheering when we do. That gets old fast, especially when I personally am out of high school and only come to the games to see the Wildcats. I cheer for the Ladycats, but to a lesser degree. So the Ladycats just need to chill out about how we cheer and concentrate on getting the job done on the court.

This should be a great game. The first meeting of these two saw both teams a little flat. Maybe this time they will both be on their best game. The Trojanettes have a win over Perry Co (and a loss to them) and a win over Summertown on their home court. I think they have what it might take to win on WC home court. That's not saying that they difinately will, just possible. If Collinwood gets this win then that will sure make the 12A standings exciting. Of course they still have to play Summertown again. Good luck to the girls from "The Wood"!

If wayne county can play with the same intensity (from the first quarter against perry county)then they have a very good chance of winning. It will be well worth the price to get in because of the huge rivalry, this is a very important game from both sides.

Yea you edit it after u find out we are listening to ya huh??...if your gonna say sumthing dont say it then hear wat ppl have to say then change your mind! :lol: