What will Walker Valley do this week?

haterofstupidity

We have to learn how to win in a close situation. At Bradley our defense was lacking but so was theirs. However, we missed crucial free throws and did not protect the ball and still only lost by 2 with a chance to tie or win it at the buzzer. I missed the game at Cumberland. At home vs. Cumberland we had a huge lead and then forgot how to take care of the ball again and had to foul at the end and watch them hit their free throws. Vs. McMinn at home, Butler was the only one scoring and we missed free throws and turned the ball over again. At McMinn, Butler didn't score as much but had much more help from her team. We took care of the ball much better, however, we missed free throws and did not shoot all that well.

We have a great team that needs a big win in a close situation so that they will have the confidence to finish in those situations. They should all be close district games from here on out. Our biggest problem is hitting free throws and protecting the ball.

Thomas has played great the last two games. Alverson is quicker and her rebounding is much improved but has to stay out of foul trouble. Burrell has done a better job of taking the ball to the hole and then dumping it down low on the double team, and can always pop the three on you. Walker has to keep shooting, her reputation as a spot up shooter is causing the defense to hound her more. Isom has to keep playing with intensity. Butler is Butler, she is going to get her points. She needs to attack the glass a little harder and not dribble into double teams. However, she can create a shot for herself anytime she chooses. Sandlan has to rebound and take it strong to the hole. Hamby provides a spark but needs to be more cautious with her passes.

The Seniors have to determine this team to finish strong. Next year, no more: Butler, Burrell, Walker or Isom

Edited by wildukcats

The district is always decided by prime time players that step up to the challenge. Butler is a great fundlemental player that understands the game. Tucker will utilize her production. The district seeding is usually important, but this year, there are so many good teams. The championship will be decided by the team that has the most chemistry from the five position to the one position! It's going to be the most balanced district 5-AAA tourament ever!

Edited by HUCK