Baylor vs McCallie

the wrestler

What do you want me to say Walkenvol and Texas? Do you want me to sit here and degrade McCallie and say that there is no way they can ever beat this magnificent Baylor team? I would like for you to once again mock mine and other's optimism. Please do... By crticizing mine and other poster's positive outlooks towards a possible second match by laughing at the score and telling us how impossible it is, is quite amazing of you! I didn't think you could steep so low. Actually, I take that back, you do it time and time again. You are right about one thing, every team should be so lucky to have such support. At least you won't find any fair-weather fans here... Oh and I almost forgot Manley, congratulations to your Big Red team. They showed up ready to fight.

On the Contrary, loyal Blue supporter, my take of his post was quite supportive of you and 103. To me he gave you credit for your optimism and support. The only real negative/disappointment in this one was the implication that McCallie coaches did not have their boys ready/motivated for this big rivalry. The Big Red did exactly what they were supposed to do and more. Congrats to them. Sounds like the crowd support was there afterall.

Note: This scenario is reminiscent of the Big Red Machine of the USSR crushing the USA some 25 years ago on the ice, and one week later the USA coach say's "they may be better overall, but today is our day" We know the rest of the story.

Edited by Sommers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, that really hurts coming from someone who continues to hide behind a screen name. You can't find fault in the facts of my posts so you attempt to attach some hidden meaning - very weak.

I obviously know the Big Blue staff much better then you as I will guarantee you that they are not hanging their hats on changing the outcome of a rematch to a simple "lack of motivation" in their marquee match of the season. Check your sources and see if Sunday didn't involve film study for technical flaws along with a plan for a specific week of individual practice directed towards correcting what was detected via the film study. They will also attempt to devise a new bumping/match up strategy that might give them an edge. And guess what, the Big Red team will be doing the same although probably not much on the bumping.

You asked me a week ago for my opinion which was too many swing matches for there to be a clear favorite and the result Saturday confirmed that. Barring a minor miracle, Red is guaranteed wins in 3 of the 14 and Blue in 2 of the 14. The other 9 have a reasonable chance to go either way. Motivation wasn't the determining factor Saturday as both teams were supremely motivated and it won't be the difference in a week. Better planning, preparation, and affecting change/improvement will be the deciding factors.

So..... McCallie is already in the championship final of the State Dual? Hmmmm

Say what you want and rub it in my face if Baylor whoops us worse than yesterday but I feel like next week will be different, and now it counts for the state dual championship.

The only real negative/disappointment in this one was the implication that McCallie coaches did not have their boys ready/motivated for this big rivalry.

Reread my post and point out where I implied anything toward the Blue coaches. 90 and 103 stated that some of the blue wrestlers gave less then their best effort, not I. If a wrestler is not motivated for this rivalry then rush him to the hospital cause his heart quit beating. If anything the coaches have the rein the enthusiasm back.

Another reason to read coacht; not only can you never have too many people telling you what you should think, you can never have too many people telling you what you really said even though its right there in black and white.

Edited by walkenvol

Congratulations to Baylor on winning big in a great environment.

Also, I was surprised to see Ward Gossett covering Baylor wrestling once again. I thought he hated Baylor. Oh, maybe he was there to cover a big McCallie win. But wait, he hates them too. Dang, what was he doing there?

And, didn't he leave there and cover more wrestling at UTC? For a guy who doesn't cover much wrestling, he sure gave local wrestling a lot of coverage.

As an outsider, as a matter of fact I live in Knoxville, I would like to say that this meet was one of the most exciting meets I have ever seen. I did not see anyone, coach or wrestler, who was not totally motivated on either team. I think the two key matches were the first match and 103, the first match started the momentum for Baylor and 103 kept it going. In the next week both teams, I am sure, have things to work on. But, for me, Saturday afternoon was a great afternoon of wrestling, no matter who won.

Congratulations to Baylor on winning big in a great environment.

Also, I was surprised to see Ward Gossett covering Baylor wrestling once again. I thought he hated Baylor. Oh, maybe he was there to cover a big McCallie win. But wait, he hates them too. Dang, what was he doing there?

And, didn't he leave there and cover more wrestling at UTC? For a guy who doesn't cover much wrestling, he sure gave local wrestling a lot of coverage.

Ward is there for the sport and always has been. :lol: Well, maybe that free press pass too.

Reread my post and point out where I implied anything toward the Blue coaches. 90 and 103 stated that some of the blue wrestlers gave less then their best effort, not I. If a wrestler is not motivated for this rivalry then rush him to the hospital cause his heart quit beating. If anything the coaches have the rein the enthusiasm back.

Another reason to read coacht; not only can you never have too many people telling you what you should think, you can never have too many people telling you what you really said even though its right there in black and white.

I stand corrected here. No mention of coaching what-so-ever on your part, perhaps I inferred something incorectly. And no attempt to exercise thought-control on my part :lol: Just reactions with my 2¢ as usual, nothing more. :lol:

How did the little big red fare in their State Tourney this past weekend? Will Baylor gain any new members now that their season is over? Same for any other teams.

Little Red brought home the prize although the there was no representation from middle or west TN for this to be considered a "State" tourney. The available little red 8th graders for the most part are in the weights with a strong varsity representative presently. There is one wildcard that I would consider weighing in for the State Duals that would allow the Big Red team some bumping flexability. I didn't see anyone on the little blue team that appeared ready to help yet but I might have missed something.