A/AA Duals Question

Suspect

I suppose "ever" includes the mid 70's but most of us weren't alive then! I also heard that Sewanee used to beat Vanderbilt in football. Wait a minute, that's not that big of a deal!

Takedown------I was alive then and it is interesting that you should bring Sewanee into this discussion about ND and Baylor. If my memory serves correctly, when ND beat Baylor in the seventies, the head coach was former Sewanee wrestler and later Sewanee head wrestling coach, H. W. " Yogi" Anderson ( a former state champ at NDHS in the late 60's, as well). Based on his comments on the Baylor /McCallie thread, I believe Mr. Bear Cat Brown may have been on that squad. This must be one of those "seven degrees of Kevin Bacon" things.

And yes, Sewanee did "used to beat" Vanderbilt in football----------but then so did the Vols ( until this past Nov.).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its ties with the Pope. I think it is avoiding BAYLOR and MCCALLIE!!

ND has had enough of those 2 schools. I don't think they ever beat them.

I don't call that avoiding Baylor.

Sorry, I was thinking 2003 when the Baylor faithful cleared out Clarksville like the gym was on fire after there loss and not placing. I remembered talking to some of the ND folks and asking where all the Baylor folks went.

My bad.

Baylor's team is young and will dominate over the next 2 years.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

What's happening with Notre Dame's Enrollment?

TSSAA lists Notre Dame's enrollment at 582.

Notre Dame's own website says 565

Silverpie says its down to 543

and now ijtx says enrollment is 530.

If this continues, Notre Dame will be single A in a couple of years.

Didn't ND send the Big Red home from Clarksville last year? I don't call that avoiding Baylor.

BAYLOR 59, NOTRE DAME 7

189 - Derek Walker (Bay) d. Drew Wanat (ND) 7-2; 215 - Still McClain (Bay) d. Lebron Caffey (ND) 6-2; 275 - Jake Simmons (Bay) p. Ian Meredith (ND); 103 - Bailey Whitaker (Bay) m.d. John Richmond (ND) 11-3; 112 - Ben Johnson (Bay) d. Jay Adamson (ND) 1-0; 119 - Jed Hussein (Bay) m.d. Michael White (ND) 13-4; 125 - Corey Manson (Bay) wins by forfeit; 130 - Mike Bell (Bay) p. Michael Kuisek (ND); 135 - Reed Doster (Bay) p. Spike Rawn (ND) 3:37; 140 - Will Murray (Bay) p. Ryan Burdette (ND) 2:34; 145 - Daniel Waddell (Bay) p. John Mike Davis (ND) 0:59; 152 - Daniel Rawn (ND) d. Phillip Spitalny (Bay) 5-3; 160 - Doug Vaughn (Bay) p. Patrick Flynn (ND) 2:46; 171 - Wes Watkins (ND) m.d. Chris Russell (Bay) 13-3.

They sent Baylor HOME with CHAMPIONSHIP!!

This is FACT not hear say!1

Didn't ND send the Big Red home from Clarksville last year? I don't call that avoiding Baylor.

Being that Baylor won the DII duals last year I guess no one sent them home. Baylor beat ND in the semis 59-7. The Big Red that ND beat was MBA, 35-33, for third.

But, for the record, GO IRISH this year in Clarksville.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Ever? Check your records Mr keefjams, and from what I heard "We'll be back"

bc

These are the records. BELIEVE OR NOT!!

2003 Blue 48 Green 21

2004 Blue 53 Green 12

Red 64 Green 4

2005 RED 59 Green 7

BC Back from where the DEAD!!

Those scores look like an ole fashion - - - KICKIN

The Greens AD is smart get us out of here!!

point being folks that ND defeated MBA for the priviledge of wrestling Baylor a second time. ergo they were hardly avoiding Baylor. You can and should be proud of your Baylor team just as many of us are proud of ND. every time someone mentions ND on here someone from Baylor disses them. I don't see any ND fans running down Baylor. Is it really that important to you(keefjams) because it isn't to us.

The only real question that matters about the A/AA duals is who is going to win.

point being folks that ND defeated MBA for the priviledge of wrestling Baylor a second time. ergo they were hardly avoiding Baylor. You can and should be proud of your Baylor team just as many of us are proud of ND. every time someone mentions ND on here someone from Baylor disses them. I don't see any ND fans running down Baylor. Is it really that important to you(keefjams) because it isn't to us.

The only real question that matters about the A/AA duals is who is going to win.

I'm a huge ND and Chattanooga wrestling fan just pointing out FACTS to those that seem to talk without knowledge. When and what have i said to hurt your feelings. I apolize. Maybe i should let BC and the rest run their chops without knowing the facts. Maybe the FACTS aren't important.

PEACE

KEEFJAMS

Being that Baylor won the DII duals last year I guess no one sent them home. Baylor beat ND in the semis 59-7. The Big Red that ND beat was MBA, 35-33, for third.

But, for the record, GO IRISH this year in Clarksville.

Thanks MtnRasslin, hopefully we will wrestle up to our ability.

Keefjams you are starting to get on my nerves. Maybe its because I haven't seen a wrestling match in a week or maybe my parole officer been bustin my chops, but what ever reason you on under my skin.

What you got against the Irish? Did your daddy not love you enough and you now see the Irish as a Father figure, you get sand kick in your face by some guy in a green speedo in Pompano ? Come on tell me!

Are we as good as Baylor and McCallie he77 no . Did we ever say we were, He77 no. But I noticed a match or two that you left out, If memory serves me right , didn't will young have to win the last match of the night for McCallie to beat ND last year ? The Irish had 2 State champions last year, Baylor had 3 and McCallie had 5, that's not to shabby

We finished 3rd last year in the duals and that was a great outing for us ,and we were and are very proud of what we did. Will we feel the same way against A/AA opponents, HE77 yes. We wrestle who they tell us to wrestle. I know that it would be much easier in the D2 Indv tournament for my men in Green, He77 there will be 3 kids that don't get out of our region that would place high in the D2.

If you are in Clarksville this weekend look me up, I'll be the old man dressed in green cheering wildly for my IRISH and all the other Chatt teams, and maybe I can change your mind about our Great School

Go IRISH

Ps raider76,I need to work off a little frustration, can I go a couple rounds with Mrs76 ? Boxing of course, can't go two rounds of anything else( like Toby Keith and WV say "I'm not as good as I once was, but am as good once as I ever was"

Len Rossies partner in crime

BEAR CAT BROWN

Edited by bear cat brown

I'm a huge ND and Chattanooga wrestling fan just pointing out FACTS to those that seem to talk without knowledge. When and what have i said to hurt your feelings. I apolize. Maybe i should let BC and the rest run their chops without knowing the facts. Maybe the FACTS aren't important.

PEACE

KEEFJAMS

What Facts have I screwed up? WV does indeed wear lipstick and high heels at night, Raider76 wife can whup him and Harry and I have many meetings

bc

going to bed with a sassylongandlean woman

Edited by bear cat brown