Region 5 Rankings

CoachGrimwood

So what do you think will be the team standings. Lets say 1-6 give me your opinion of what teams you think will be tough and the ones you think will be going for first.

My predictions for the top 6 wrestling teams would be as follows:

Blackman = Lacks depth but every wrestler is a threat for a top 3 finish

Oakland = Full lineup; Has top seeds and has some kids that might make something happen in the wrestlebacks

Tullahoma = Full lineup; a couple of Top seeds, anything goes in wrestlebacks

Siegle = Young team, Full line up, No #1 threats, but can make some noise in the wrestlebacks.

Riverdale = Lacks depth but has some solid wrestlers at several weights that should make some noise in the Finals and wrestle backs.

Warren Co. = Tough upperweights and Casey Welch. No depth to pick up points in the wrestle backs like the top 4 picks.

I think our region has some clear #1 picks but there are a number of opportunities for upsets in the remaining seeds. Good Luck guys!! Screw your heads on straight!! See you Friday!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Oakland and there head coach for representing our region. I think they wrestled very well...this really proves how all of us coaches need to work hard and build a championship level program. We are far from it but i really think Blackmon will have the potential in a year or two.

Well then you'd better get to work! LOL

Congrats to Oakland and there head coach for representing our region. I think they wrestled very well...this really proves how all of us coaches need to work hard and build a championship level program. We are far from it but i really think Blackmon will have the potential in a year or two.

good post coach/ continue to love what you are doing down in coffee county/ there is alot of potential for you guys and for blackman and for several other teams in region 5/ i hope to see it come to fruition, especially since i will have three sons in or coming in the program at blackman in the future/ thanks to you and all the coaches for trying to take wrestling to the next level in region 5/ excited for the future :(

and don't know what "sly" meant by "get to work then, laugh out lould" / maybe he could interpret for us or maybe it is just my slow mind that can't decifer what he meant/ :thumb:

These are the number one seeds

103-bogle riverdale

112-aboulmouna tullahoma

119-hill forest

125-proctor blackmon

130-proctor blackmon

135-martin coffee county

140-abrigo forest

145-goines coffee county

152-patton blackmon

160-parker shelbyville

171-grinell riverdale