Columbia Academy vs Richland

maurycountyhoops

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen this season CA may get dunked on a little more than other teams. Dunks looked great and get everyone excited and sometimes help change the momentum of many games, but CA realizes that many teams have a height advantage which makes this play more likely to happen to them, so they handle it at face value. "IT"S A 2 POINT PLAY".

I love to see a great dunk, just as much as I like a long 3, but most of all I like to see the defense not try to cut the legs out from under the guy jamming it up to his elbow in the rim!

Just my two cents worth

Dean

Edited by www.schoolsportsradio.com

Ok if you call that getting dunked on congratulations you dunked on someone thats 5'7. I'm sure Pirtle really cared he had 22 and won the game.

It don't matter if your 5'7 or 7'0 if your the one under the basket YOU GOT DUNKED ON....and by the way if you don't know how to spell the last name it is MELEAR...And good job melear you got a dunk and 14 point's and didn't play all of the game :blink:

Some people take being dunked on a bit too serious...and I wouldnt be throwing it in someone's face if they get dunked on. In the picture where Spires is getting dunked on he could have easily kept the guy from dunking...all he had to do was knock him out of the air...even though this could have caused serious injury. Spires did him a favor by not doing this and I think he deserves some respect for it as well as others who allow a player who has beatin them to just get dunk unless they have a real shot at blocking it.

yeah spires did do a big favor that show's a real basketball player you don't go out there to hurt someone if your doing that then your in the wrong sport you need to play football... :blink: if you get dunked on then just take it like a man and finish playing the game

Tim is a white boy dunking and playing good ball right now and everybody is jealous but on the game last night i thought that CA isnt all what they are jacked up to be even though they won that game.I think there best stat was turnovers or Ingrams was anyway,Richland will finish in the #5 spot and the tourney is in there house so they could be a contender.

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE :blink:

richland rides on their own confidence...if they get an upset first foud of the district they'll be a force the rest of the way

Richland has trouble keeping its composure for 4 quarters. They should finish 5th, which would probably put them up against Moore County. They seem to have trouble with Moore County. I do not think Moore County has more talent; Richland just seems to have trouble with them.

In my opinion, Culleoka is the best team in D11. 2 through 6 are a toss up with anyone being able to beat anyone. #7 is an up and coming cornersville team that plays hard but has not been able to get over the hump yet. I believe Culleoka will win the District Tourney. I believe that the 2/7 game will be a win for the 2 seat. Games 3/6 and 4/5 could go either way.

I really like the way Columbia Academy plays as a team. I think Santa Fe's big man can compete with anyone. Moore County and Huntland have very good teams and cannot be overlooked.

I really believe that D11 may be able to send 2 teams out of regionals. That will make up for the fact that D12 will probably send 2 girl's team from regionals.

Just my thoughts, which really mean nothing to no one. :thumb: