Powell at Halls

Know Nothing

Powell won in overtime by 2 points

Lee smith hit 2 free throws with the game tied about 9 seconds left

Cameron sharp lost the ball on the other end

Refs where horrible both ways

more than 40 fouls where called in the girls and boys games each tonight, it was sad

To be completely frank, I thought that Halls got a heck of a lot more calls than Powell did. Free throw shooting hurt both teams, but big win for Powell. The atmosphere was really good.

Im a powell fan (as if you couldnt tell lol), I think halls got the short end of the stick. I think the refs got mad at the halls Student section for all the yelling and gave powell some calls, but they where bad both ways.

I did like it when lee's mom and dad about went off on the student section. then his dad started doing the UT thing, i found that pretty funny. The halls student sectoin should have never chanted what they did.

The halls coach was crying to the police after the game cause the powell fans rushed the court

He went to the cop and started screaming this is our court they should not be on here this does not happen in our house. Cant believe he had a temper tantrum about that

Also sorry about the score powell won by 1 point

Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825924186' date='Feb 4 2006 - 12:42 AM']

Im a powell fan (as if you couldnt tell lol), I think halls got the short end of the stick. I think the refs got mad at the halls Student section for all the yelling and gave powell some calls, but they where bad both ways.

I did like it when lee's mom and dad about went off on the student section. then his dad started doing the UT thing, i found that pretty funny. The halls student sectoin should have never chanted what they did.

The halls coach was crying to the police after the game cause the powell fans rushed the court

He went to the cop and started screaming this is our court they should not be on here this does not happen in our house. Cant believe he had a temper tantrum about that

Are you kidding me? They have stormed Powell's court the last two years in a row. If Webster really said that, it is sour grapes, plain and simple. And I disagree about the calls. Two charges were called on Smith where Varner clearly flopped. And Conner got hacked on the arm while shooting at least four times with no calls. But, of course, Cameron got all those same calls. Please give me an example of a time when you thought that Powell got a bad call in their favor. I can't wait to hear it.

the refs were horrible.....you had George Costanza, Barney Fife and Herman Munster. Halls got so many calls I'm suprised Powell actually won. Halls has always gotten by with a lot of cheap shot crap. And no they did not get the short end of the stick.....what game were you watching? and why does the word "overrated" keep coming up? yea panthers! :)

Edited by Ntheknow2

Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825924186' date='Feb 4 2006 - 12:42 AM']

I guess Coach Webster didn't notice it when the Halls students came to the middle of the court after the game at Powell a couple of weeks ago.

The Halls students were absolutely out of line. I'm surprised that it was allowed to go on as long as it did.

It was a great basketball game. Halls won in similar fashion in the finals of the TDS Telecom Classic. Last night it was simply Powell's turn to win one of those close games. The two teams are very evenly matched.

Edited by HTV

I guess Coach Webster didn't notice it when the Halls students came to the middle of the court after the game at Powell a couple of weeks ago.

The Halls students were absolutely out of line. I'm surprised that it was allowed to go on as long as it did.

It was a great basketball game. Halls won in similar fashion in the finals of the TDS Telecom Classic. Last night it was simply Powell's turn to win one of those close games. The two teams are very evenly matched.

Not to mention, the panthers still owe them another loss. Guess that will happen in the district tourney. I completely missed what the Halls students were shouting at Lee Smith. All I know is that dad Smith got up and shut them up pretty abruptly, which was funny. I was glad to see Lee getting back to 100%. Hopefully that will improve more in the upcoming weeks. I agree that Connor made some shots that should have also had foul calls. I will give tons of credit to Varner. He gets position inside and keeps opposing players from getting rebounds. I hope Powell addresses that in the upcoming weeks. Another factor, Halls couldn't hit any of their outside shots and Powell's guards kept taking it to their defense up the middle....finally though! Hello Hargis, you are as good as Sharp if not better!! Say that to yourself everyday. Good win, Powell. You still owe them another loss if you face them again. Good luck next week at the Dragon Den. I'm pretty sure Clinton is hungry. Great district too!

Edited by Ntheknow2

I thought it was a great game last night. Both teams had a chance to win. Missed way to many free throws down the stretch. And Smith missing that lay up could have cost them the game. I was not for any specific team just watching a great high school game. Also i thought the officials did a good job last night let both teams play. i would rather watch a game with some contact, than watching them call 50 fouls. Just my opinion anyway great high school game