Clarkrange @ Cumberland County

sanders_4

isnt it just hilarious what GROWN ADULTS get on coacht and say? i mean really. you guys are worst than kids and it goes both ways too...clarkrange is a great school with ots of deep tradition but on the contrary they dont need to boo cc when they come to their gym or critize their fans (they are kids hint hint); ...cumberland co is also a great school with a great bunch of girls who work hard and have lots of talent but some of their fans need to shut their mouths when talking about clarkrange like they're not any good. i am from cumberland co. and i have lots of respect for both teams. HOWEVER I THINK IT IS RIDICULOUS FOR SOME OF THE GROWN PEOPLE THAT GET ON THIS THREAD AND TALK SUCH NONSENSE..BOTH WAYS!!!! i agree the refs were terrible..in the 1st half they missed a couple on cc but the 2nd half they missed a couple on clarkrange..so dont think the refs were a factor because they were bad both ways around...rivalry is good but dont let it get outta hand AND stupid

Parents are the problem,if they would quit upholding there kids,we wouldn't have this problem.You would think that at 16,17,and 18 yrs of age,they would know the difference between rude and enthusiasic,but if the parents don't.why would we expect them to?My child cheers,screams,as loud as the next,but would sit at the house,if he thought he had to call an older adult names.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents are the problem,if they would quit upholding there kids,we wouldn't have this problem.You would think that at 16,17,and 18 yrs of age,they would know the difference between rude and enthusiasic,but if the parents don't.why would we expect them to?My child cheers,screams,as loud as the next,but would sit at the house,if he thought he had to call an older adult names.

Thank You BIGSIS, very well spoken. Parents don't seem to teach their children respect anymore. I was sitting behind the OLD MEN at the Clarkrange home game and the reason the gentlemen said anything to those boys was because they were standing there yelling at the score keeper and calling them STUPID and IGNORANT because they didn't get two points put on the score board when the refs were discussing wheather the goal was good or not. REAL SCHOOL SPIRIT, wasn't it?????????????????? All the gentleman said to the boys was " Hey, don't be calling the score keepers Ignorant, do you hear me"? I don't believe that justifies, trying to start a fight. Do You?

Cumberland County girls have a very good team, too bad these students have to act in such a manner when they are on the court. It disturbs their team just as bad as it does their opponent.

I don't think we have any basketball state championships but I do think we have a couple wrestling or golf or ping pong championships. :lol: I don't really care what happened in the past. I am looking at this year and I don't dwell on what could have should have happened in the past.

if you would actually read this thread you would see that I was just kidding about no competition. I respect the Clarkrange program too and I think they will be very good in a year or two.

Wow is that what they teach in Cumberland Co.?

Edited by WesCharge

I HAVE TO AGREE ON FANS NEED TO BE ON OTHER SIDE OF THE GYM JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE.ALTHOUGH I DO KNOW THOSE LOWER SEATS COST A LITTLE BUNDLE OF MONEY SO THAT COULD PRESENT A PROBLEM.AS FOR THE LADY BUFFS THEY PLAYED A GREAT GAME AGAINST SOME VERY BAD CALLS.THE LADY JETS ALSO PLAYED A GOOD GAME I WISH IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EVENED OUT CALL WISE TO SEE WHO THE BETTER TEAM REALLY WAS. I DO WANT TO SAY IF ALL THE FANS AT CCHS WHERE AS CLASSY AS THE COACH THAT WOULD BE GREAT .TIM SMITH HAD GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT COACH ROGERS AND THE TEAM HE KNOWS THE GIRLS GAVE HIM POSSIBLY ONE OF THE TOUGHEST GAMES THEY WILL PLAY ALL SEASON.GO CHS SEE YOU AT STATE ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some of the calls that the refs made were awful..... a loss is not a good thing but when you are playing crossville (a good team) and the guys in the black and white shirts too its hard to get the W

I don't recall Cumberland County getting booed. Not sure about that. I do recall a parent when leaving saying that it was a waste of time for them to come over and play C-range. That it didn't help them, because they did not play well when playing a single A team. That the girls didn't play motivated. Wonder which parent that was?

The atmosphere was great at Cumberland County, the students were fired up and into the game. Nice divider between fans, no problem there. The problem I had was the little girls that came over and perched right down in the middle of the visitors and stood up and was chanting for Cumberland. Now that was trying to provoke problems. At Clarkrange CCHS fans where a little over the top because of the room factor, but when one of our players were sick and left for the locker room during the game, they would not let her go through them. An older fellow who seen this, had to go over and tell them to move. Talk about rude and disrespectful. Being spirited is one thing, that's another!

Now to the refs. One official made the others look poor. He overruled the double bonus, even when the other refs and the scorers table was telling him it was. Then had to come back and shoot the free throw a minute later. Also after a timeout he didn't give C-range time to set up offensively, laid the ball on the floor. When a player picked the ball up and handed it to the ref, not knowing he was counting, he called a violation on her and gave ball to other team. This took away a scoring attempt with 5 seconds left in the third quarter. He was very poor.

However, C-range overcame the refs and lost this game by throwing the ball away and making poor decisions with ball control. Didn't look like team ball the last 1:49. Very good game and was fun to watch, Good luck to CCHS. Hope this game helped you as much as it did us. Tough loss girls, very hard played.

Thank You BIGSIS, very well spoken. Parents don't seem to teach their children respect anymore. I was sitting behind the OLD MEN at the Clarkrange home game and the reason the gentlemen said anything to those boys was because they were standing there yelling at the score keeper and calling them STUPID and IGNORANT because they didn't get two points put on the score board when the refs were discussing wheather the goal was good or not. REAL SCHOOL SPIRIT, wasn't it?????????????????? All the gentleman said to the boys was " Hey, don't be calling the score keepers Ignorant, do you hear me"? I don't believe that justifies, trying to start a fight. Do You?

Cumberland County girls have a very good team, too bad these students have to act in such a manner when they are on the court. It disturbs their team just as bad as it does their opponent.

just for your information, our student section does absolutely nothing to hurt our girls from cumberland co...i know because i play for cumberland! all they do is cheer and get the crowd going during intense moments...so quite being a big baby TIGGERBABY and just stink up the fact that your team lost..you got sweap this year

just for your information, our student section does absolutely nothing to hurt our girls from cumberland co...i know because i play for cumberland! all they do is cheer and get the crowd going during intense moments...so quite being a big baby TIGGERBABY and just stink up the fact that your team lost..you got sweap this year

Is this the player that learned how to play ball from Coach Rogers last year or one of the other ones that like to tell the refs how to ref the game while they are playing. Without the help of the refs CCHS would not have won the game. The lady vols could not have beat CCHS with those refs.

Just keep the good work in making the refs happy in what ever way you do that in Cumberland County and you MIGHT get you a state championship one day.

Thats funny...no replies by the clarkrange fans or students....Point well taken i guess! Nothing hurts more than the Truth!

[/

quote] O.K. HERE IS YOUR REPLY YOU WANTED .I WAS AT THE CHS CCHS BALL GAME AT BOTH SCHOOLS.YES THERE WERE BOOS FROM THE STUDENT SECTION .WHAT YOU DIDNT SEE OR CHOOSE NOT TO SEE WHERE SOME ADULT FANS ASKING THEM TO PLEASE NOT DO THAT.ALTHOUGH AT CCHS OBVIOUSLY THE ADULT FANS UP HOLD WHAT THE STUDENTS SAY AND BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST STUDENTS!!THATS THE WAY TO TEACH THEM GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP KEEP IT UP ! AS FOR THE BALL TEAM THEY ARE GOOD AS LONG AS THE GAME IS GOING THERE WAY REFS AND ALL I JUST HOPE IF THEY MAKE TO THE STATE THEY CAN TAKE REFS WITH THEM ITS HARD WHEN YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO PLAY WITHOUT THEM IN A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND A VERY FEW OF THERE PLAYERS CAN DO THAT. NOW I WAS TRULY GIVING THE COACH A MUCH DESERVED COMPLIMENT IF IT OFFENDED A FAN OR TWO I GUESS THE TRUTH MUST HURT!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edited by forever lady buffs fan

One thing that i have observed over a long period of time from most of the Clarkrange faithfull is when Clarkrange wins a game the ref's were usually good if the game was played at Clarkrange and there is no way the other team could blame the ref's for them losing, and if it was on the road and they still won, well then they were bad and Clarkrange just overcame it. Now if Clarkrange loses a game well then it most definately was the REF'S fault. If you dispute this all you have to do is look up every game thread that was about C'range where they lost the game and you'll see what i'm talking about. There might be one or two that say something to the contrary but for the most part it is exactly what i said! :(

One thing that i have observed over a long period of time from most of the Clarkrange faithfull is when Clarkrange wins a game the ref's were usually good if the game was played at Clarkrange and there is no way the other team could blame the ref's for them losing, and if it was on the road and they still won, well then they were bad and Clarkrange just overcame it. Now if Clarkrange loses a game well then it most definately was the REF'S fault. If you dispute this all you have to do is look up every game thread that was about C'range where they lost the game and you'll see what i'm talking about. There might be one or two that say something to the contrary but for the most part it is exactly what i said! :(

It's not the Ref's fault very often, because Clarkrange doesn't lose very often.

well after readig all this (3 pages of fan complaints)i'd like to comment on the game itself.it was a great game to watch.i saw a few very bad calls since i was for clarkrange i noticed the bad calls which went against them more.that being said i really enjoyed miranda cravens bring the ball upcourt against casha foster.casha normally sticks to a player like super glue she is so quick.but when cravens would go behind the back crossover dribble while running full speed casha was like where did she go.2 good guards.i also think clarkrange's upchurch is an excellent player who seldom gets any ink.was a great game could have went either way.cc did a good job controlling jordan ramsey.

If Clarkrange fans gripe about the refs being bad,you can bet,they were terrible!was you at this game? Only the ones that was there know,and they was some pretty bad calls.Have you ever seen them go back on a call,a minute later,and into the game?