Sports Edit's Tri-County Seven - Week of 5 February

krichunaka

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaby just said, "Start your ole clunker, Grampol! We're going to Treadway!"

Highlander, We Rangers feel that our gals need the playing time more than your team; unless, by chance, you're suggesting that we just don't want to lose or something? That maybe we're just a little bit skeered? :thumb: Losing or winning is NOT, (take that, 17) the most important thing for now . . . .way too much learning to do to be overly concerned about that.

Let's head to Treadway, Gaby!

Edited by krichunaka

Krich,

You're trying to put words in my mouth!

I actually wondered if you had a bunch down with Dengue Fever, or typhoid, or whatever it is that is going around. I've had it too.

The snowday is just not a reason that entered my mind, and 'Mom and I were having a discussion about the 'logic' of what is apparently a Unaka rule. It seems a little ill-thought out.

However, I certainly have not even uttered (typed?) the word 'skeered. I think Unaka has a talented bunch of young ladies, and they are certainly well coached. I have nothing but respect for Kenneth Chambers and the program. I would not insult those young ladies in any way by bringing up that possibility.

Are you still coming to the mountain tonight after enjoying the Happy Valley-Elizabethton junior varsity games?

The Highlander

'Mom,

The Snack Shack has good cheese sticks, and a philly cheese steak that is very good also. But I would be remiss in not also mentioning Bob's Dairyland and the wide selection there. Also, for Italian food, I highly recommend Frank and Marty's Pizza just past the elementary school on the left.

And finally, although I'm not sure of the hours of operation, Mad Martha's. Turn right at Carter County Bank, and it will be on your left. Great soup, wonderful sandwiches, ice cream.....yummmm!

The Highlander

Cyclones played outstanding defense tonight. Game was pretty much over in the first qtr as EHS led 15-1. 21-3 until late in the second when HV scored the last five points to make it 21-8 at the half. Third qtr cyclones pushed it past 20. I think HV had 12 going into the fourth. HV pressed but this time it didnt give the Cyclones much trouble. Cyclone JV set the tone jumping out by 20 at the half, 26-6 and cruised to 52-21 win. Thought you might wanna know that coachh!

'Lander Update:

The jv games for this evening were cancelled, so all I have are varsity scores.

The 'Landers played their normal style of basketball today and looked pretty impressive if I may say so. Good defense, good shot selection, and a reasonable amount of offense all around. A few dropped passes inside hurt us, and we didn't hit the three ball like usual, but it was a good win over a good Unaka squad. Heather Banner and Jess Lunsford led the way for the 'Landers, and Coach Birchfield played the entire bench again.

Interesting matchups when both teams had mostly freshman and sophomores on the floor together, a good idea of what the jv game would have looked like, and what is in store for the future between this two teams.

The first half score was 27-10 Cloudland,

and the final was 48-21 'Landers.

The Highlander