130 - Joe Young (Mc) d. Mike Bell (Bay) 5-3;

135 - Corey Manson (Bay) t.f. Tyler Newman (Mc) 23-6;

140 - Jed Hussein (Bay) d. Will Young (Mc) 8-7

Edited by ru4mocs

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the updates. This is the first one that I have missed since 2002.

So was the differance match ups or coaching?

With cross town rivals going at it in D-I and D-II the place must have been rocking.

They need to have the finals on TV like in Chattanooga.

Safe travel to all.

Is it snowing in Middle TN?

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Hey on any given day.....

Give this one to Coach Newman's boy and all those that avoided the TF or pin. Congrats to others that helped off JV in other matches to keep the varisty fresh. Give this to a united effort. Give this one to folks like Wrestle 90 and McCallie 103, and others with their enduring faith; greater faith than even I. But I did have hope and what leads to faith?

This is what it is all about...

Faith and hard work, like the scripture "faith without works is dead!!" You're a driver CG; and I want to personally congradulate you on one of the finest jobs I have seen...probably the finest of any coach since David Copeland and my brother's :) Hixson team snuck up on your Blue in 1982 :thumb: in a dual ...showing an intense fight too. Didn't mean for it to come out quite like that ;)

Hey, it's late. I'm hitting the sack real soon.

Before I do let me ask...

How bout pulling off another miracle in a couple of weeks?? It was your day today, and with this momentum, and Will doing what he is entirely capable of and a repeat performance for a few others, you never know!!!

What a BIG surprise & we, Spencer and I are so proud that you got your 14th State title, my friend :)

Edited by Sommers

Wheww- tough times in the neighborhood! Congratulations to McCallie. They turned around the matches that they needed. It'll be exciting at McKenzie in a couple of weeks.

yea , we got outwrestled yesterday(lost 4 close matches) but I won't be surprised if the Baylor wrestlers re-group and make McKensie a fun way to go out - congrats to mcCallie for coming to fight!

Edited by bigbadwolfTN

its about time baylor got called for a stalling penalty and finally one that hurt...red in wrestling you have to wrestle...its in the rules..... GO BLUE!!!!!

Godawgsblue, are you kidding me? McCallie should've been hit at least twice in every match for stalling. Baylor was doing all the work. And you act like Baylor stalls regularly. Have you watched them wrestle withing the last, oh, I dunno, five years? Come on now

:angry:

Competition. Love it. :unsure:

:D

Edited by pantheon

Classy post after classy post, until along comes godawgblue. One might have though it'd be a disappointed red that broke the string, but dawgblue does it and sounds dumb--or at least embarrassingly uninformed--in the process. And forgotten about Charles Green "winning" a championship last year without ever actually taking a step forward in the final.

Congrats to McCallie for a great effort in the finals this weekend, and we'll all look forward to the tussle at the Roundhou... I mean McKenzie.

godawgsblue was very out of line. I don't even think they were at the match this weekend. Baylor wrestled very well. Coming from a McCallie supporter, I apologize for the comment made. Both teams had their fair share of stalling, but I don't think it is fair, Heavy245, to say that Baylor was doing all the work. I mean, if you turn around 4 or 5 matches that were lost one week ago, I think you have to have been doing some work. You cannot win a whole wrestling dual meet by stalling in every single match. You can win a single match from stalling, yes, but you just don't win a whole meet that way. You have to be working... But a great showing from both teams this weekend and two weeks should be a lot of fun and excitement!

Congratulations to McCallie. Quite simply, they were better last night. I also think that Baylor was overconfident and overlooked the fact that McCallie was not going to lay down and settle for 2nd place. Nonetheless, I do look forward to my Raiders having a chance to redeem themselves in two weeks. I know that they will work very hard and go into the Traditional State Tournament focused and determined.

From my observations this weekend, I want to offer a word of warning to both the Blue and Red nations -- DO NOT overlook MBA! Were it not for McCallie receiving 6 points for a defensive pin at 189 and a last second (Literally. The clock read 5:59) pin at 130, it would not have been an all-Chattanooga final. I watched MBA wrestle McCallie, CBHS, and Ryan, and they are talented, driven, and well-coached. Undoubtedly, the Big Red have a legitimate shot at the Traditional State Title and could win it if the Chattanooga teams are overconfident. Just the opinion of a disappointed Raider fan.

Once again, well done McCallie!