how is the imac conference looking this year?

fplayer83

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stinks. It's pretty bad to have such a good preseason tourney on such a CRAPPY field when there are OTHER fields around in much better shape. The people at East need to light a fire and get Sherwood finished. It shouldn't take two years to fix the field.

I couldn't agree more. Drove by Sherwood today--empty field where an old stadium once had stood. Nothing happening--no work, no runs, all errors. The Hamblen school system and the city of Morristown should be embarrassed over this one.

That stinks. It's pretty bad to have such a good preseason tourney on such a CRAPPY field when there are OTHER fields around in much better shape. The people at East need to light a fire and get Sherwood finished. It shouldn't take two years to fix the field.

I actually registered just to reply to this comment. I sometimes do not understand why people speak about things in which they know nothing. So as for your suggestion “the people at East need to light a fire” you might be missing some facts. Sherwood Park does not belong to East High School nor does it belong to the Hamblen County School System. The park belongs to the city of Morristown and is controlled by the Parks and Recreation. The “people at East” have been beating their heads against one wall after another to try and get some progress made on the field. “The people at East” are at the mercy of the Parks and Rec Director, the City Administrator, the City Council, and several different individuals who made commitments to the project and then did not follow through. It is the “people at East’s” hope that our young men will get to play there next year but we have not been assured that even that will happen. The “people at East” are very sorry they might offend you by hosting you at Frank Lorino (although it is not quite as sub-standard as “CRAPPY”), but know this, we are still very proud to be Hurricane Baseball supporters no matter where our home field might be.

I actually registered just to reply to this comment. I sometimes do not understand why people speak about things in which they know nothing. So as for your suggestion “the people at East need to light a fire” you might be missing some facts. Sherwood Park does not belong to East High School nor does it belong to the Hamblen County School System. The park belongs to the city of Morristown and is controlled by the Parks and Recreation. The “people at East” have been beating their heads against one wall after another to try and get some progress made on the field. “The people at East” are at the mercy of the Parks and Rec Director, the City Administrator, the City Council, and several different individuals who made commitments to the project and then did not follow through. It is the “people at East’s” hope that our young men will get to play there next year but we have not been assured that even that will happen. The “people at East” are very sorry they might offend you by hosting you at Frank Lorino (although it is not quite as sub-standard as “CRAPPY”), but know this, we are still very proud to be Hurricane Baseball supporters no matter where our home field might be.

A portable mound, all dirt infield, and little league dimensions to me are what I would call sub-standard for high school play. As for knowing nothing, I know quite more about Mo'town East than you and "the people at East" think, and I do know that Sherwood is owned by the Parks & Rec, thank you. As for your info, I didnt say anything about East baseball or it's supporters, just about the field situation. Sorry to get your panties all in a wad. Hope you enjoy your coacht registration.

You all may think im crazy but watch out for Cherokee. They were young last year and had some talent. We played them twice and they played us tough both times. If they just had a coach worth anything they'd be alright but still they will upset some teams just wait.

Edited by doubleplay96

doubleplay96: You all may think im crazy but watch out for Cherokee.

Cherokee's downfall will be pitching. They don't have enough of it that has had much varsity experience. Trey McMillan is among the top pitchers in the conference, but one player can't pitch every game. They have about 5 kids that play summer ball with my son on a team that is coached by a pro scout, so, yes, the talent is there. They surprised some teams last year, and I see it happening again this year.

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM