CJ Davis erupts for 42 vs. Lipscomb!

gomab2

Yea he did shoot a lot ... although I guess I have to give him credit cause he made a lot too ... Money from the left corner in the 2nd half. I kept thinking maybe he'll start missing from there but didn't really ... I didn't really bust out the 3 until late in the game when it counted most. Really surprised when he drained the 3 from like 3 or 4 feet behind the arc at the top of the key to send it into OT or another OT , don't remember - one too many.

Although I do wish CJ would play a little defense. Don't really think he ever really denied his man until the late overtimes. His man got the ball easily every time other than that ... luckily he's quick enough to not let them drive, but if he'd play D in the first place he wouldn't have to worry about that. As a slightly biased DL fan ... appeared to me that he thought he was too good to play D, so he walked around and then kinda jumped to the ball when his man got it. But that's just an opinion. I think everyone (whether you're crazy about GP or not) would agree that he needs to work on trying harder on D, but the kid definitely has the jump shot and drive down ... kinda wondered how he got through some of DLs guys last night.

When it comes down to it ... Lipscomb was up by 4 w/ 1:19 to go and made some mistakes and kinda gave the game away. They know that though and they'll learn from it. Unbelievable game overall.