Georgia State Brackets

RMC

Brackets have been updated. Divisions 1A, 2A, and 3A get into the mix tomorrow.

There have been some upsets so look. (hint.....check 5A 2-time state champion at 112......Rucker) I'm too tired list them........this getting home at 1:00 and 1:30 and being back there at 7:00 is rough.....but fun!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, they'll both be tough. The formulas for the brackets were not very kind to Parkview.

Like I said before, if anyone comes down to the tournament...look me up. I'll be on the head table somewhere. I really enjoy meeting people from this board. So far...all good guys.....well....except for Sommers.....he's different!

Maybe Harry T. and those guys can have a road trip down.

Thanx for the invite. If Bearcat and I weren't, uh, busy this weekend we'd be there. He and I (& Raider76) spent a lot of years taking kids to USA tournaments down there. I know this 119 lb'er from ND who grew up wrestling in GA so I know a lot of your cast of characters. I saw Kyle in Athens a few months ago and he looked great. Good luck to you guys

Harry

Thanx for the invite. If Bearcat and I weren't, uh, busy this weekend we'd be there. He and I (& Raider76) spent a lot of years taking kids to USA tournaments down there. I know this 119 lb'er from ND who grew up wrestling in GA so I know a lot of your cast of characters. I saw Kyle in Athens a few months ago and he looked great. Good luck to you guys

Harry

We took two big hits today, Thomas Knapp went down in the quarters. I leave my opinion about why out of this.

And....our 189 made it to the semis...lost...threw a temper tantrum out in a hallway and was ejected from the facility and DQ'ed for flagrant misconduct......so we lost all his points.

We did get one through to the finals at 215. So still alive for CH is 119, 125, 130, 135, 145, 152, 160, 171, 215, and 275.

It's looking like Parkview will win, then McEachern....and then anybody's guess.

The brackets have been updated trough the semis.

Edited by RMC

Anyone notice that there were 12 state champions form goergia at the mccallie tournament. 10 were AAAAA georgia state champs 103, 112, 119, 130, 135, 140, 152, 160, 171...and 3 AAAA state champs from ringold 125, 145, 215. Shows how tough that tournament is. Plus only 4 guys from tennessee won that tournement at weight classes 119, 130, 160, and 189.

Anyone notice that there were 12 state champions form goergia at the mccallie tournament. 10 were AAAAA georgia state champs 103, 112, 119, 130, 135, 140, 152, 160, 171...and 3 AAAA state champs from ringold 125, 145, 215. Shows how tough that tournament is. Plus only 4 guys from tennessee won that tournement at weight classes 119, 130, 160, and 189.

The two finalists at 135 were from TN.

The two finalists at 135 were from TN.

Knapp should have been in the 135 finals for AAAAA. I hate to say it, because everyone will say "that's what they all say", but Knapp was done dirty in the semi-finals by a ref with known issues with our program. I was shocked when he called 3 of the 4 matches we had on the mat he was rotating on.

Knapp's match went to doulble overtime and Knapp was on bottom. Twice he made it to his feet and was facing Miller. The second time Miller's hands seperated, the ref said they did not. The TV video showed they did.

Knapp wrestled back to 3rd.