Freshmen/JV

icecold06

I was having a conversation with a friend last night while watching the Middle school tournament, and we were trying to figure out what the deal was with Freshman teams and JV teams in Rutherford county. Do they have JV teams here. I see they have a freshman tournament and they even put the scores in the paper. Do they play JV up here or not. In Chattanooga you dont have many freshman teams but everyone has a JV

Edited by icecold06

I was having a conversation with a friend last night while watching the Middle school tournament, and we were trying to figure out what the deal was with Freshman teams and JV teams in Rutherford county. Do they have JV teams here. I see they have a freshman tournament and they even put the scores in the paper. Do they play JV up here or not. In Chattanooga you dont have many freshman teams but everyone has a JV

We have freshmen and JV. For the most part JV is varsity players, usually sophomores, who don't get to play much. The games are played before the girls varsity games. There's no tourney for JV or rankings or seedings. Freshmen have their own schedules and do have a tournament. JV is just a way to get ready for varsity though some on JV do play during the varsity games.

We have freshmen and JV. For the most part JV is varsity players, usually sophomores, who don't get to play much. The games are played before the girls varsity games. There's no tourney for JV or rankings or seedings. Freshmen have their own schedules and do have a tournament. JV is just a way to get ready for varsity though some on JV do play during the varsity games.

Thanks I thought it was amazing how much coverage The freshmen teams got.

Here is another question. Do you not think that sometimes freshman teams can build dreams of kids who will never play varsity.We had this discussion last night also(here is what I mean)

If you have a freshman team with 12 players unless you are Siegel the chance that all 12 of those players playing varsity as Seniors ha to be very slim. So why not just have a JV team consisting of both Freshman and Sophomores that way your Freshmen are actually competing against older kids at the high school( just a thought)

Thanks I thought it was amazing how much coverage The freshmen teams got.

Here is another question. Do you not think that sometimes freshman teams can build dreams of kids who will never play varsity.We had this discussion last night also(here is what I mean)

If you have a freshman team with 12 players unless you are Siegel the chance that all 12 of those players playing varsity as Seniors ha to be very slim. So why not just have a JV team consisting of both Freshman and Sophomores that way your Freshmen are actually competing against older kids at the high school( just a thought)

HAHA, unless you're siegel. Most freshmen dont move up, only about 6 or 7 or depending on who's coming back the next year. Sometimes people who play JV don't make the team the following year. So yea a kid could get his dreams crushed. This is when a parent needs to step in and tell the child that there are other things than sports, or maybe its time to try a new sport.