Anderson County Baseball

Steelersfan20

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that AC has an excellent recruiting class coming in this year. They have picked up several players from all over Knox County, and at least one from Campbell County. Word on the street has it that they have looked very strong in their January practices and split-squad scrimmages.

Yeah that kid that transfered to AC from Campbell County is smart cause Campbell County baseball is a joke as is their School system. Yeah AC is looking very strong, I think that AC could go all the way this year, they'll will go deep in the post season for sure, but they have a chance to take it all the way.

They have a transfer from Knox West and his name is Eric York. Good little ballplayer, left handed, plays centerfield, and has some speed. Then they have Alex Farmer from Campbell Co. Good pitcher and hitter. He will help them a lot. That is about all the transfers i've heard of.

They got Jordan Rorex who will help them out. Ive only seen him play baseball a few times, but I know the kid is an all around athlete who will help AC out in some way.

They got Jordan Rorex who will help them out. Ive only seen him play baseball a few times, but I know the kid is an all around athlete who will help AC out in some way.

Jordan is a good ballplayer. He has good speed tracking the ball down. He can also hit so AC pretty much got away with theft on this kid.

Two from Knoxville, one from Campbell County. Any more from Powell and other parts unknown? Are these kids actually moving to AC, or just commuting there to play ball? What is the draw?

Maybe AC can switch to Division 2 and really bring in players from far and wide.

I would think so too. Now, I'm not saying the players aren't legitimate nor am I saying that the coach is breaking any rules bringing them in but it could cause some trouble for the coach IF the players aren't legit... and TSSAA finds out. Coaching high school ball isn't like coaching open league. When rules are broken, the consequences affect the whole team and the schools reputation. That usually doesn't make for good job security!