UC vs. South Greene! Here we go again

Black73

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not mentioning how greeneville beat south greene by 1 point in o.t the 1st time they played, huh? don't blame you!!

OK, Greeneville BEAT SG by 2 pts in overtime early on during the season before Antwaine was even healthy enough to play 5 minutes a quarter, but who won? Greeneville , and then at their house in the heat- when the gyms so packed there tunring peopl away at the door, Greeneville wins by more then 20pts...so you mentioning the overtime 1st game just makes no sense but w/e you dont have to be mad b/c Greeneville would embarrass Unicoi...its ok really!

I think Unicoi beats South Greene again because it is at Unicoi. South Greene has a pretty good basketball team this season. Unicoi county beat them by 8 at South Greene but the way I understand the game had like a 17 point lead late. They did a fantastic job on Kyle Donahue who is leading Greene County in scoring. Now as for the Greeneville fanatic, I am a Greeneville fan too but I want to add this to the mix. Greeneville beats South Greene 38-37 in overtime, agreed Wiggins was not up to par yet. Then they go to South Greene and beat them 54-35 (which is 19 not by 20 some odd points). Okay look at this Unicoi beat Cherokee 54-39. Greeneville beat Cherokee by 13 at home and by 6 on the road the last time they played. Greeneville has a pretty good team but so does Unicoi County. At 25-2 that is a pretty awesome record. To me it is pretty ignorant to knock a team with a record like that. I know you can not actually go by point difference in like opponents but that is all there is to go on. Anyway my point is this, they don't play so what does it matter? Good luck to Unicoi the rest of the way and just remember a few bad fans do not make all Greeneville fans bad folks.

Unicoi County (25-2), vs. SG (22-5). # 6 vs. #9 in the state. Throw the first game out the window. Neither team played particularly well the first game, and this is for the Conference title. It should be a great game to see. As for the Greeneville fan, he has to get on here and talk because nobody else is talking about them. Just a little jealousy! Just between us SG fans and UC fans, the Watauga is much stronger than the IMAC! Both of our teams have had great years, and now it comes down to tournament time. I hope we get to see each other at least one more time after Friday night. Good Luck!

Be serious.... your bragging about beating CD by more then 20 with jv players in. Greeneville almost beat CD in a scrimmage with the JV team and did defeat NG varsity with JV so don't brag about something like that it just makes you sound like you have less basketball sense then you already do. I agree that any UNFOCUSED team can get beat at any time, but Greeneville does'nt get unfocused incase you didn't know there coached by Bill Duncan who worked with bobby knight for 2 summers so its a fact without a doubt in anyones mind who knows the game of basketball that Greeneville would defeat Unicoi with JV in the whole second half...If you guys were so good then why you still in double A???but Unicoi does play who they play your all right....who do they play? South Greene, Chuckey Doak...maybe a one tough team; where as Greeneville is playing Red Bank, Science Hill, Cherokee, Clinton, Sullivan East, and many other difficult teams; the easiest team they play is Chuckey Doak and thats just to bring in money because its a greeneville vs greene county game... so yea Erwin compared to the GHS devils or Science Hill is elementry, and about the scrimmage against science hill...it was a scrimmage and Forney averages over 20 a game...if thats not enough a loss is a loss, and what happened..you lost so thats nothing to get cocky about either, only a moron would say its we only loss by so many, cuz the fact is a L is a L and a W is a W!- enough said!-

You forgot to mention another Big 9 team, Sullivan Central, how soon we forget.

SC (71) Greeneville (65) on Greeneville's home floor, by the way this wasn't a scrimmage. This is a W, I'm waiting on the excuses. :thumb:

central has done very well in the big 9! uc and central had some great, classic games last year. i am sure both sides miss the intensity of that rivalry! i think south greene and uc both have very good teams with kids that play very hard!! would be nice to see this matchup in the regional finals cause that would mean they could both go to the sub-state! good luck to both teams! should be a GREAT game!! i think uc wants to schedule AAA schools but they are usually full. if you pay attention to it most AAA don't play many AA schools. i know that some do, but it doesn't happen alot. the ones that do have been playin each other for years and it's hard to break up a schedule.