Who will be the top 10 in class A this year

riserfan

Summertown--3 very strong pitchers--solid at all defensive positions and good hitters. Better than the 2005 team that had wins over the teams that finished second and third in the state tournament, not to mention the 5 wins over a good CA team, who I believe also has a chance of going all the way.

I agree Summertown should be very good this year; however, I don't know how much a 1-0 scrimmage game against Trinity(the day after one of their teammates died from meningitis) counts for much. I really hope they get to play at some point. It would be a great game.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen most of these team playball over the last 3 years, the teams that will be there at the end are. Trinty, CA, FCA, all 3 teams are stacked with the states best, but you never know, that is what make this sport so fun, we played some of FCA gril this summer in travel ball, they have some of the best, the Couch gril a real ball player, Haily the pitcher for the dimonds one of the best i have seen, she struck out about every one of our batters this summer, the little Lee gril that plays 2nd for the dimonds the best D player there is. the Carr gril she can knock the cover off the ball, Trinty will be tough, great coaching, there pitcher will only get better, i also under stand that she got a younger sister that is as good as she is. CA tough al around. this will be a fun year for all of them.

Edited by doorbell

I have seen most of these team play over the last 3 years, the teams that will be there at the end are. Trinty, CA, FCA, all 3 teams are stacked with the states best, but you never know, that is what make this sport so fun, we played some of FCA gril this summer in travle ball they have some of the real things, the couch gril a real ball player, Haily the pitcher for the dimonds one of the best i have seen, she struck out about every one of our batters, the little lee gril that plays 2nd for the dimonds the best D player there is. the Carr gril she can knock the cover off the ball, Trinty will be tough, great coaching, CA tough al around. this will be a fun yoear forall of them.

Hmmmmm...3 private schools--they must have had a fantastic recruiting year.

Hmmmmm...3 private schools--they must have had a fantastic recruiting year.

Trinity starting line-up:

Pitcher: Came in 5th Grade

Catcher: Kindergarten

1B: 3rd Grade

2B: Kindergarten

SS: 2nd Grade

3B: Kindergarten

LF: 10th Grade

CF: Kindergarten

RF: 8th Grade

If Trinity recruited, then they must have done something special. Not every school can tell how good a softball player is going to be in elementary school. Just because a school is successful doesn't mean they recruit.

I don't believe that every private school recruits but the majority of them do. That's why so many of them make it to the state tournament every year. Trinity is not one of them that you see there every year but teams like USJ are there all the time because they can recruit. I think private schools should play in a division by themselves because it is not fair to the public schools that have to make a team out of who they have. That is the sign of a great team to me!

USJ will be brought down a notch or two this year though moving to AA. I think McKenzie and Trinity will go from the west and it will be exciting.

I understand your point about getting whoever they want; however, alot of smaller private schools like Trinity have had to do with what they have as well. No one had a problem back when my sister and cousin played because they got smacked around by public and private alike. Now that they have had a little success, then they are recruiting? To ask someone like Trinity to play against someone like Briarcrest or Baylor or GPS brings up the same scenario as you are a proponent against: small schools against unfair advantages. The girls at Trinity have worked hard to get where they are at, just as hard as McKenzie and Chester Co.(who Trinity has lost players to) and Lexington and Camden. They are all good cause they work hard.

What travel team do they play for?

Jennifer Rather - Senior - 18 & U Dodgers (gold)

Megan Morgan - Junior - 16 & U Knoxville Heat

Ellie Morgan - Sophomore - Knoxville Thunder

Kim Hall - Freshman - 14 & U Dodgers ( pitcher)

All four girls will bring something special to this team all are great athletes and have been playing fastpitch since they were very young..... this year may just be payday for them!!

Jennifer Rather - Senior - 18 & U Dodgers (gold)

Megan Morgan - Junior - 16 & U Knoxville Heat

Ellie Morgan - Sophomore - Knoxville Thunder

Kim Hall - Freshman - 14 & U Dodgers ( pitcher)

All four girls will bring something special to this team all are great athletes and have been playing fastpitch since they were very young..... this year may just be payday for them!!

Lets not forget Amanda Poland a Sr. who I believe played for one of the Dodger teams.