Top coaches?

onetruefan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of good coaches in Tennessee. There are only a few great ones. Personally , I think anyone who donates their time to the young people of our high schools to teach them a sport and help shape them into outstanding adults needs to be commended.

Last year , even though I witnessed many , many of these gifted coaches, I heard very disturbing news about conduct of one of these coaches concerning sportsmanship that took place in the finals. I just hope coaches remember how much their behavior impacts their players and how their behavior , good or bad shapes their lives.

Coach Reese Hambrick from marshall Co!

He led the Tigerettes to a state championship last year! He also, on top of being a great coach, connects with the girls on a different level. He is one of the girls' best friends! The girls are able to feel comfortable around him, which adds to the closeness of the Marshall County Tigerettes! Keep it up Coach Ham!

Norma Nelson at Ooltewah works wonders considering all she has working against her. She's my pre-season 'coach of the year'.

Soddy Daisy's Clifford Kirk and Lamar Lasley are the best coaches in Tennessee hands down. Wilson, I was wondering if you know of all the quality softball players that have slipped through Ooltewah's hands because of her. I just wonder what makes you make that statement.

I think you have to include coach Grady Lingerfelt from Unicoi County in this. While this coming season is only his second year as head coach, he has given over 20 years to coaching. Up until he took over as head coach, all the time he gave to the Lady Devil program he gave freely.

He is not employed by the school system and never has been. He was grandfathered in last year to take the helm after coach Doyle Phipps resigned. Coach Lingerfelt has dedicated nearly his entire life to baseball or softball in Unicoi County so he certainly certainly deserves to be considered a top coach in Tennessee.

Coach Jones @ CAK turned a terrible program into a team that went to state the last three seasons. CAK had 10 wins in three seasons before he took over, and they have won 100 games in the last four seasons.

He is stepping aside to be an assistant this year so he can spent more time watching his daughter play ball in Michigan.

Coach Jones is working with Angela Brewer, an ex-Lady Vol, helping her learn the ropes as a high school head coach. They built a great new field his first season, and they currently building an indoor softball practice facility next to their high school field. That's alot of good work in softball in less than five years.

It's a good foundation for an up and coming program.

Coach Jones @ CAK turned a terrible program into a team that went to state the last three seasons. CAK had 10 wins in three seasons before he took over, and they have won 100 games in the last four seasons.

He is stepping aside to be an assistant this year so he can spent more time watching his daughter play ball in Michigan.

Coach Jones is working with Angela Brewer, an ex-Lady Vol, helping her learn the ropes as a high school head coach. They built a great new field his first season, and they currently building an indoor softball practice facility next to their high school field. That's alot of good work in softball in less than five years.

It's a good foundation for an up and coming program.

Steve Jones is not only a great coach, he is a wonderful role model and advocate for our young people. He does a great job teaching the girls how to be competitive and how to apply those lessons to life. He is not only a coach to the girls but also a fan and cheerleader. The girls truly love and respect him. Too bad there aren't more men like him who are so devoted to shaping our youth.

Angela will be a great addition to this program.