Volunteer Falcon Baseball

baseballplayer9

we are going to prove them wrong and UPSET alot of teams this year cause everybody is wanting to do very well this year. the whole team is getting a very good vibe about this season and we are ready to play some ball and win alot of games! WE WANT THAT RECORD!!!

I hope you're right, niner. But the place to do it is on the field, and not on a message board. 2 big conference games right off the bat, go get 'em!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone 7, Falcons 1. Coty pitched pretty well, from what I saw. The score was 3-1 in the top of the 6th with 2 outs, then the wheels fell off. A two out 0-2 double, and another double sandwiched around 2 errors set the table for their first baseman. He hit one a freakin' mile!! Next thing you know, game over. Get back up and go to East and try to get one tomorrow. Good luck, guys.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

I guess the coaches were right to pick us last. East wins 18-8 in 6 innings. We had 10 errors!!!!! Some of you guys are gonna have to step up. Bottom line. I would say that 8 runs and 12 hits were promising, but 10 freakin' errors! Good night!!!

10 Errors!! after a 6 error game last night. Backer, I don't think you or I thought that defense would be a weakness this year but it's not looking good so far. Oh well, it's a long season and hopefully we will improve on the defensive side. I'm glad to hear we started hitting the ball tonight. Tomorrows another day and a whole new game.

Good Luck!

Go Falcons!

Just heard from my sources that we had another tough night on the diamond. I think it was an 11-3 loss to the Cougars. We now have more errors than runs.

Come on guys!, we're better than that.

We've got C-D thursday night and Cherokee Friday(and we've not lost to Cherokee in 4 years). Lets get back to form and start playing like we're capable.

Good Luck tomorrow. we're still rootin for ya!

GO FALCONS!

Just heard from my sources that we had another tough night on the diamond. I think it was an 11-3 loss to the Cougars. We now have more errors than runs.

Come on guys!, we're better than that.

We've got C-D thursday night and Cherokee Friday(and we've not lost to Cherokee in 4 years). Lets get back to form and start playing like we're capable.

Good Luck tomorrow. we're still rootin for ya!

GO FALCONS!

DandDD, I initially thought we were better than that, now I'm not sure. Our biggest problem, by a long shot, is NO LEADERSHIP!!! From a team that starts sometimes 8 seniors, that's pathetic! Last night, Coach Mac cleared the bench in the 6th and put in some young talent. I think its a little early to abandon the season, but maybe it started a fire under someone's tail. My early prediction was that everyone would be beating up on everyone else in the conference, that's holding true. Everyone, except the Tribe, has 1 loss in the conference and at least 1 W. Not us!!

Before the season gets away from us, 1 or 2 or 3 of those seniors( 1 in particular!!) and Little Man need to step up and lead this team, or we may not win a game. I think we have given up 36 runs in 3 games. Of those, 8 have been earned runs. You won't win the rec league with that garbage. I'm disgusted!

Heard we lost 5-4 to C-D tonight. Sounds like we were a little more competitive tonight. Also heard Dylan pitched a pretty good game.

Tomorrows the night to get this thing turned around. We're playing our county rivals and a much needed W could get us going in the right direction. Let's get after them tomorrow night and head into the next week with a new outlook.

GO FALCONS!!!

Heard we lost 5-4 to C-D tonight. Sounds like we were a little more competitive tonight. Also heard Dylan pitched a pretty good game.

Tomorrows the night to get this thing turned around. We're playing our county rivals and a much needed W could get us going in the right direction. Let's get after them tomorrow night and head into the next week with a new outlook.

GO FALCONS!!!

I didn't go last night, but #16 told me they played much better. I still believe if we hold the errors to no more than 1 or 2 per game, we can win some games and be competetive. I realize those are not very lofty goals, but its all we have at this point.

Quick update for those vast legions of Falcon fans. Friday, Volunteer gets its first win, 6-5 over Cherokee. Before it has a chance to soak in, we lose to South Greene less than 12 hours later, 6-3.

The good news is that we have suddenly remembered how to catch the baseball, but now we can't hit it.

1 week of the season down and we are 1 and 5. Next week doesn't look too promising. South, Scinece Hill on back to back days. Good luck, guys. You'll need it.