East tennesee championship Greeneville middle vs. Athens middle

trashman

Yea, South Greene used to have a heck of a ladies program but the Idiot in charge of the school system fired coach Ricker 2 years ago. I just read that Cleavland lost in their tournament to Lipscomb. Didn't know if you knew or not.

I saw that. I can't believe they played. Our girls team was supposed to go play yesterday but it got postponed until Friday. Cleveland had about a 25 mile further drive than we do.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, South Greene used to have a heck of a ladies program but the Idiot in charge of the school system fired coach Ricker 2 years ago. I just read that Cleavland lost in their tournament to Lipscomb. Didn't know if you knew or not.

I think Meigs played them 6 times in a three year period there. Lost to them in the 92 state championship game and then returned the favor and spoiled their 93 undefeated season the next year in the semis. Think they went 3-3 against each other those years. About 10 D-1 players off those 2 teams and maybe the best of them all stayed home and played for Tusculum. Meigs had 3 SEC players on their team and one who signed with UAB and one with College of Charleston. Great rivalry.

yeah this will be a great game...Greeneville should pull out with the win though... this greeneville team came back from a 6 point margin in the last two minutes to go on to win by 5...the thing about greeneville is that they have brute talent and strait up heart.... they'll do anything to win... i hope to find out the outcome of this championship game soon! I cant be there today!

I agree, Greeneville will not lose this game. They are about 10 deep and have 4 7th graders that can do what the want to out on the floor. Athens has never seen talent like this Greeneville team from anywhere. Athens will lose. Mark my words

Your words are marked. If however, Greeneville loses will you:

a. Say Greeneville had an off game

b. Athens was the better team

c. Say the refs made bad calls

d. All of the above

e. Not make predictions on posts ever again

It's kind of funny. If I had known that you could predict the future with so much certainty, I would have got you to pick my lottery ticket numbers.

Looking forward to a great game. Good luck Miss Cleo.

Your words are marked. If however, Greeneville loses will you:

a. Say Greeneville had an off game

b. Athens was the better team

c. Say the refs made bad calls

d. All of the above

e. Not make predictions on posts ever again

It's kind of funny. If I had known that you could predict the future with so much certainty, I would have got you to pick my lottery ticket numbers.

Looking forward to a great game. Good luck Miss Cleo.

Just let me know when your ready for your lottery tickets.

surely that "weak" Athens bunch didn't take ya to overtime....say it ain't so

No one once said they were weak. But it is evident that you weren't there. You would have seen that the stronger team prevailed. They are a very agressive team with alot of heart, but their talent just didn't match up. my hats are off to them. They never gave up and were down by as many as 13. They never led once in the game. Again , I aplaud them...they are a great bunch of kids.