What does it take to take Down a Mighty Bear?

MasterBlaster 1

MasterBlaster/Rigger101/Whom It May Concern,

I am the "young bear" that you referred to, Ben Smith. And let me first say this, I apologize furthermore to anyone who may have seen the "incident", whether they be from ND or BC...not too many people were there. Just the man trying to watch his son his last time at State. Also Ben, Dr M usually has his son that has a disability with him so it's not so easy to get up and move like kxdude posted

I'll be the first to say that an intense personality or a hair trigger does not excuse me or anyone else from doing anything unprofesional or acting in that manner.

It wasn't the hair trigger but the continued verbal attack that got me.

In retrospect, I did and I was. I apologize for that. Being a teacher and a coach makes me a public figure (whether I like it or not), and I am to do my best to act professional at all times. ..much like a doctor. That night, at that moment, I had a knee jerk reaction and did not.

Now, let me explain my side of the story...since every story does have two sides and I'm sure that you were honestly and wholeheartedly going to look at it and tell it from my perspective too, Rigger. I was unaware that Dr. Merridith had already asked our fans to move. I was oblivious to fact that Dr. Merridith's son was wrestling and that I was in his way. I was more concerned with getting my guys and stuff together and getting them home and into bed. As I stated some " We all have jerks who only care about their group." Bottom line is you did not put your self in his shoes. It's called muturing as you grow.

Not liking Bradley is one thing, name calling ("jerk") is another. I have no problem with Bradley. Just respect! Some of their poster are another story. I know how to seperate the two, do U!

Tell Joe I said, Hello!

P.S.S. That incident occured Thursday night and I believe that Ian was wrestling Aaron Birman from Cookeville on Mat 3, not Reviez. So, if you were honestly there nearby, I'm sure that you would have known that. Quit trying to stir the pot Rigger. It gets old. Just replying to what a Bradley fan accused others of doing. Read all the post first youn Ben

You are correct about the Thursday Night match.

I'm the one who screamed sit down when you continued to go at Dr Meredith.

I even went down their and told GM I had his back.

Therefore, I was there.

I glad to see you have enough class to apologize.

I'm sure with the way tourneys are set up you will be in the same situation one day with a young one and will be just as frustrated as Dr. M was when he kindly ask folks to move and they or their group continues to block the way.

I stand on my on and don't need our young coach to vouch for me. The word Jerk applied to everyone in general and if you think it applied to you.

So be it.

Not in the mood to drive to Bradley but your welcome to say Howdy next year when I'm there or at another tourney. Maybe you can scream at another older gentleman, or whip me your choice ;)

Sorry for the bad typing , have to get to the bank.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct about the Thursday Night match.

I'm the one who screamed sit down when you continued to go at Dr Meredith.

I even went down their and told GM I had his back.

Therefore, I was there.

I glad to see you have enough class to apologize.

I'm sure with the way tourneys are set up you will be in the same situation one day with a young one and will be just as frustrated as Dr. M was when he kindly ask folks to move and they or their group continues to block the way.

I stand on my on and don't need our young coach to vouch for me. The word Jerk applied to everyone in general and if you think it applied to you.

So be it.

Not in the mood to drive to Bradley but your welcome to say Howdy next year when I'm there or at another tourney. Maybe you can scream at another older gentleman, or whip me your choice ;)

Sorry for the bad typing , have to get to the bank.

Rigger,

I am through with you. I've been coaching for three years now and have matured during each of them. Obviously not enough, because I am replying to verbal attack on my character from a faceless screen name.

I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does. I honestly laid awake for several nights following the incident wishing that it had not happened and wishing that I would not have knee jerk reacted. But, I did. And, I apologized. I realize that I cannot undue the damage that the situation and my actions caused.

But, all in all, I shouldn't have to defend myself to you. You are a rable rouser who is just out to get everyone's goat. I made a mistake and I've moved on. I forget that you are not human and have not ever made a mistake. You go back to when you 24 and passionate about something and tell me if you didn't make any mistakes. But, I'm sure that you've haven't. You were born perfect. I only wish that I was so lucky.

And, Dr. Merridith may have asked other fans politely to sit down, but he did not me. I came unglued just as quickly as he did. I've already mentioned that. There is no doubt that I should've apologized and he should have to. And he did. I will not apologize again for my actions. Those who know me and what character I believe that I have, know that I made a mistake and that I am harder on myself than anyone else.

Why would I want to whip you? Adults don't fight. They discuss. But, I cheated off of my neighbor in the Adult Living class in college to get that answer. I'm not mature enough to really know. Rather than avidly type your opinion of me on a public board, come talk to me. I'm mature enough to listen. I couldn't whip a fly anyways. Just want you to practice what you preach as well. But, I am mature enough to evaluate my actions in retrospect and say that I was wrong and I've handled it the only way that is possible...since the occured over a week ago.

Sincerely wishing that I was perfect like Master/Rigger,

Ben Smith

P.S. I will not respond to you anymore. I will be at McGavok helping my guys get better and building for the future. I won't be anywhere near a computer till Sunday or Monday. So, hold true to you normal fashion and continously attack me after I've publicly swallowed my pride and apologized. Let it go. I'm sure that Dr. Meredith has.

*Sorry for the spelling. Gotta run to Nashville.

Rigger,

I am through with you. I've been coaching for three years now and have matured during each of them. Obviously not enough, because I'll be the first to say that an intense personality or a hair trigger does not excuse me or anyone else from doing anything unprofesional or acting in that manner. In retrospect, I did and I was. I apologize for that. Being a teacher and a coach makes me a public figure (whether I like it or not), and I am to do my best to act professional at all times. ..much like a doctor. That night, at that moment, I had a knee jerk reaction and did not.

To the new Gentle Ben

A simple, I was wrong would have done!

Your giving back to your sport so you can't be all bad. B)

I am replying to verbal attack on my character from a faceless screen name. Not your Chacter just a mistake.

Why would I want to whip you? That was a joke. Adults don't fight.

Thanks God or there would be wars. ;) They discuss. But, I cheated off of my neighbor in the Adult Living class in college to get that answer. Shame! ;)

Ben, I don't think you would have handled me saying something to you during the incident. I was ready to come down there because of what I saw. If Joe would have done it to Dr. M I would have said something to him. I thought you were an out of control fan so I called it as I saw it.

Not attacking U because I don't know U. As U said U were wrong. Enough said.

I replied to this.

my 2 cents:

i had the honor of being in the midst of bear haters this past weekend. it was comical to here and watch the behavior of adults and kids from various areas around the state. every match a bradley kid was in he was stalling, head slapping, cocky, and he should have lost his last match anyway! i understand the "root for the underdog" thing going on but this was taken to another level, almost like anybody but these guys win. i enjoyed every single match. this sport is incredible.

the guy with a collierville firefighter shirt on was a complete jackass, he and his crew decided in an overtime match to get up and talk to a group 3-4 rows behind them. an old man 150lbs soaking wet said" hey buddy set down or move i'm trying to watch the match, the big bad fireman was ready to fight now, he had his big bluto fist ready, chest out, and then had some big boy words. i've got my little girl with me so i said grow up, set down, and try to be alittle more respectful of others behind you and there would be conflicts. needless to say he was a complete jackass the rest of the tournament. the funny thing was he had a big ol' gray mullet.

congratulations to soddy and to all the other area teams that did well.

i guess we'll do it again, all 6 of those bears will be back next year!

Wow, I saw the same thing happen when Ian Merrideth father ask some Bradley folks to move when he was watching his son against Reveiz. In that case the young bear wouldn't let it go. Just kept on mouthing off to Doctor Merrideth.

Wow, bad mouthing a guys dad trying to watch his son. He really made folks love the Bears that night.

We all have jerks who only care about their group

Could luck and safe travels to Nashville. I will be in Nashville this weekend so be nice on the roads.

For Wrestler5555:

Someone had to step up and take IrishDads place. Also, poor Sommers needed a break. ;)

Looks like some folks like to throw stones but when someone calls them on it, then it's he's a basher/hater of our program.

Get over yourself.

Like I pointed out on another thread. There have been other programs that were at the top of TN wrestling that are trying to rebuild now. (East Ridge, Overton etc)

I'm not out to attack anyone’s program or wrestler but if some posters are sitting on the high and mighty and saying, "everyone hates me, nobody loves me" blah, blah, blah.

We have folks reading into a one-sentence post and making it into a four page Soap Opera!

I tried to give some other programs and young men some credit in defeating one of the best programs in the State.

Yep, that makes me both a Bradley and SD hater. Two schools that I enjoy visiting and wresttling against since 1997.

Was my son’s school mentioned as one of the key matches?

NO!!!

I just state what others in the wrestling community are saying. I'm sorry that you cannot handle someone having the BBs to say it on CoachT.

I will not post on this topic again because I've not taken the Stink bait thrown my way by some of the other posters and not took a bite.

When U have a man like Tex defending me U know that the others are way off base.

You better concentrate on Bradley Co issues because the some one is using a blender on the pot on other topics just in time for CoachT to close it down for the season. The last post most of us are going to see before next season or shots at the Bradley program and saying they are recruiting folks away.

Not good.

IMO-It's probably a parent thing but the rest of TN wrestling family may be wondering if where there's smoke, there may be fire.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Wow..as i read through this whole thread after every post master blaster writes there will be a comment from someone else all upset about what master blaster posted. From what i see master blaster has some excellent people skills. I think his main goal in life is to make athletes and people on coacht mad, and his day is not fullfilled unless he does...