Baylor - King of DII

ironman55

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We D2 people would be happy to wrestle and play football in D1 but you won't let us. Did you forget? D1 kicked us out. We would love more games and matches for one true state championship. We are always looking for competition.

Duals prior to split: Where's Baylor?

1997 John Overton Large

1996 Father Ryan Large

1995 Bradley Central Large

1994 Bradley Central Large

1993 McCallie Large

1992 McCallie Large

1991 McCallie Large

1990 McCallie Large

Traditional Tourney prior split:

1997 John Overton 173

1996 John Overton 188.5

1995 Red Bank 156

1994 Cleveland 136.5

1993 McCallie 184.5

1992 McCallie 183

1991 McCallie 236

1990 McCallie 220

1989 Franklin 134.5

1988 Father Ryan 128.5

1987 Father Ryan 97

1986 McCallie

Not really, MasterBlaster. In D-II, Baylor, McCallie, Ryan, MBA, Christian Brothers, and now even BA are always competitive against eachother. It is even more less competitive in D-I when Soddy and Bradley Central are always winning those titles in D-I

See my last post. WE have 4 big Dogs in the state and a few trying to knock them off the porch. All the Schools (Baylor, McCallie, Ryan, MBA, Christian Brothers, and now even BA) have prduced great Champions but only 3 have produced TEAM Champions.

In the public schools over the last 12 years it's been Cleveland, Overton, Clarksville, Bradley and SD.

I guess that depends on how one would define "many". Based on free, public information on the internet, the DII schools on the high end have roughly 20% of their kids on some sort of aid, and the average family on aid is still shelling out thousands upon thousands of dollars to supplement that financial aid.

I agree that financial aid is the difference in some kids being at, or not being at, a DII school, but the vast majority (80%+) of kids are not on aid.

That is certainly true but if your kid was one of the 20% told either adios or that you could no longer compete in sports so the school could compete in D1, you would probably see it as many.

But if your kid was one of the 20% told either adios or that you could no longer compete in sports so the school could compete in D1, you would probably see it as many.

...at which point, parents must decide, are we spending thousands of dollars to send our child(ren) to private school just to play sports, or are there other benefits that we’ll get out of that decision (education, for example)?

I by no means agree with all the rules that the TSSAA has enacted (particularly as it relates to the split), but I do believe that rules need to be in place, and while the opportunity to play high school sports is a privilege and not a right, with all other things being equal, every student, regardless of financial wherewithal, is given an opportunity to participate in athletics.

...at which point, parents must decide, are we spending thousands of dollars to send our child(ren) to private school just to play sports, or are there other benefits that we’ll get out of that decision (education, for example)?

Bay / McC tuition next year apx $17,000

Books, fees, uniforms apx $ 1,500

------------

$18,500

Velocity Sports private annual training apx $4,500

Daily wrestling practice with the UTC staff

($14.00 per day 200 days per year) $2,800

5 summer wrestling camps $2,000

----------

$9,300

Doesn't appear to be the best athletic investment financially......unless you're getting all those great fringe benefits that are continually mentioned on this board.