Predictions for 7AAA

WJBDEVILS

Hey we talked about yall in one of the previous threads i was wondering if you could answer a queston for me.....Usuallly you take a lot of SRs i noticed this year on your roster you have quite a few JRs why is that? Was the SR talent pool weaker or did you have trouble getting those commitments or what?

Hate to say that the SR talent pool is weaker, there are several talented seniors out there. We had little trouble getting committments out of who we asked. I did notice about some OHS's JR's not being on the roster questioned. Coach Hawks let me know last summer that he intended to keep that group together this coming summer. His program. If that is what he feels needs to be done, gotta respect that. His program and 2 rings to go with it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say that the SR talent pool is weaker, there are several talented seniors out there. We had little trouble getting committments out of who we asked. I did notice about some OHS's JR's not being on the roster questioned. Coach Hawks let me know last summer that he intended to keep that group together this coming summer. His program. If that is what he feels needs to be done, gotta respect that. His program and 2 rings to go with it.

Hawks has been keeping this group of JRs together for a few years now so i wasnt surprised by that hey is arron still going to help you this year or does he have obligations to motlow?

Really tough to pick this district this year. Anybody from 1-4 could come out on top this year.

1. Riverdale- have to beat the best to be the best, lot of experience with Hunter, Choate, and Wright being three year starters, Richardson and Powers 2 year starters, and Jones got some valuable playing time last year when Underland was on the hill, and then Skinner will be quite a pleasant surprise, and Woods can be huge for this team if he can get some clutch hits in the DH spot and get some valuable innings on the hill. 2nd base and the number 2 spot has to be an issue for Coach Powers.

2. Oakland- lot of pop in this lineup with Polk, Burnett, Barnes, Fann, and Dodd. also have a solid number 1 in Barnes.

3. Siegel- great defense and possibly best pitcher in district in Roberts. scoring runs could be an issue.

4. Warren Co.- great 1,2 combo in Killian and Rogers. interested how many runs they will put on the board

5. Blackman- great coaching and Cole will get them some wins, Davenport needs to be big this year

6. Cookeville- i think they lost something like 11 seniors? will be tough for them to have a good year even with Crossman.

7. Lebanon- need to play some solid baseball to make up for their lack of talent.

8. White Co.- have to earn some respect before you can put them out of the 8 spot.

Really tough to pick this district this year. Anybody from 1-4 could come out on top this year.

1. Riverdale- have to beat the best to be the best, lot of experience with Hunter, Choate, and Wright being three year starters, Richardson and Powers 2 year starters, and Jones got some valuable playing time last year when Underland was on the hill, and then Skinner will be quite a pleasant surprise, and Woods can be huge for this team if he can get some clutch hits in the DH spot and get some valuable innings on the hill. 2nd base and the number 2 spot has to be an issue for Coach Powers.

2. Oakland- lot of pop in this lineup with Polk, Burnett, Barnes, Fann, and Dodd. also have a solid number 1 in Barnes.

3. Siegel- great defense and possibly best pitcher in district in Roberts. scoring runs could be an issue.

4. Warren Co.- great 1,2 combo in Killian and Rogers. interested how many runs they will put on the board

I think everyone will be surprised with Warren Co. swinging the bats this year. They looked like they were hitting the ball pretty good the other day. So i think they definetley have the offense to get it done. Tough district, we will see what happens

5. Blackman- great coaching and Cole will get them some wins, Davenport needs to be big this year

6. Cookeville- i think they lost something like 11 seniors? will be tough for them to have a good year even with Crossman.

7. Lebanon- need to play some solid baseball to make up for their lack of talent.

8. White Co.- have to earn some respect before you can put them out of the 8 spot.

• 2 weeks later...