Metal Cleats

OAKLAND PATS

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the new pumas (white) and I would recommend them to anyone. I am a player who can kick the ball twice as hard and I seem to have more control of the ball barefoot, like when I'm just in the back yard kicking the ball around...These new pumas are like you are playing barefoot...if you like that feeling, I would say you need to give these cleats a serious look :thumb:

I always thought those puma cleats are more confortable, thou I have the Nike 90s. But from what u said I think I've got to get those puma shoes. I think those very cheaps cleats are better than those expensive ones cause I had a cheaper adidas that I felt more comfortable in than all others that I've had.

Styles come and go, but I think it's tough to beat the tried and true old-school boots, the adidas Copa Mundial (especially the German version) and the Puma King for price, comfort and reliability. There's a reason they keep holding their own against all the new innovations in soccer cleats. They are both excellent.

As for metal studs, by April in Tennessee you'll wish you weren't wearing them on most of the hard surfaces high schoolers play on.

Guest cockett8

Actually, Number 8, those soft ground rubber cleats are sharper, heavier, and there is more of a point. At least with the metal tip, the tip is rounded off and not as dangerous...I've seen way more injuries with the soft ground rubber cleats.. I'll give you an example: Before a game last year, a teammate of mine had just bought the brand new soft ground mercurials with rubber tips, and those cleats had the longest tips I had ever seen at the time, they were really sharp too...Anyway, during the game, a defender was trying to slide into him, and he just ran past him; the problem was that the defender's hand got underneath my teammates foot and cleats...I think that defender broke about every bone in his hand and had a puncture wound right in the middle, plus several busted blood vessels. I'm not saying that metal cleats, or any cleats for that matter, wouldn't have broke that kid's hand, but I doubt they would've made a puncture wound..

i feel bad for that defender ouch