Tournaments

kdxdude

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Best of the Best Dual Event will be held in Pigeon Forge, TN, on Saturday, June 3rd.

We will be posting additional info on this event as we get things finalized.

As for now, here is what has been confirmed:

Date: June 2, 2006

Site: Pigeon Forge High School

Coaches Breakfast: 8 AM (will start at this time)

Weigh-ins: 9 AM

Wrestling: 10 AM

Coaches/Officials Luncheon: 12 noon (catered by Damon's)

Wrestling to resume at 1 or 1:30 PM

If anyone has any questions concerning this event, including Hotel Info (we are working on a special rate at one of the Hotels next to the high school) please e-mail me at darrelllauderdale@sevier.org

How will these teams be selected this year? They have chosen them the past couple of years based on results of USA freestyle events. It appears that there won't be USA events this year since there is no schedule posted of USA tournaments yet. Will they be picked from USA events, AAU events or both? Also, could you post results from Karns and Kingston tournaments? We have always done USA freestyle events and I would like to see how many participants you have in the AAU events. Thanks, KDXDUDE

As soon as I get the results I will post them,

This will be a USA Sanctioned event. This was Coach Brands idea, it is my understanding, so this is one of their events in Tennessee. This event will take place. I am sure that they have been waiting for info from us so they can post it on their schedule page.

Here in East Tennessee, tryouts for the event wil be conducted at a yet to be named site. I will get with Greg Foreman, who is over AAU Freestyle Wrestling, and see what his plans are.

Karns had 450 wrestlers and Kingsport had over 350 I believe. I wil know exactly as soon as I get the numbers from them

Edited by DAL

the Best of the Best Dual Event will be held in Pigeon Forge, TN, on Saturday, June 3rd.

We will be posting additional info on this event as we get things finalized.

As for now, here is what has been confirmed:

Date: June 2, 2006

Site: Pigeon Forge High School

Coaches Breakfast: 8 AM (will start at this time)

Weigh-ins: 9 AM

Wrestling: 10 AM

Coaches/Officials Luncheon: 12 noon (catered by Damon's)

Wrestling to resume at 1 or 1:30 PM

If anyone has any questions concerning this event, including Hotel Info (we are working on a special rate at one of the Hotels next to the high school) please e-mail me at darrelllauderdale@sevier.org

What ages for this event?

thanks

What ages for this event?

thanks

It has been HS division the past 2 years. (9th-12th)

Last year it was held in Memphis, the year before that it was in Brentwood, this year it is scheduled for Knoxville area, next year Chattanooga area. It rotates every year to the 4 major cities in Tn. Freestyle wrestling. Chattanooga area team edged out Memphis last year 32-31. Knoxville area team won it year before last. Very exciting tournament!!