Livingston Academy at McMinn Central

swipper

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This group of girls from McMinn Central have the exact record as the team two years ago that lost in the state finals to Livingston. They are 28-7, just like two years ago, then finished up 31-8. That year we met in the finals with K. Beechboard showing everyone why she was the top pick in the state.

The game is played at McMinn Central at 7 p.m. in Etowah, Tennessee, tomorrow.

Could it be to dehydrate the opposing team. That would be real homecourt advantage. :thumb:

No it's because they have an archaic/obsolete heating and air system. When it gets packed in the Central Roundhouse, it gets hot. Luckily, the high Saturday is only going to be in the low 50's, but it is supposed to be mostly sunny. With that said, it shouldn't be as hot as it was three years ago when LA and Central last met at Central.

It was a good game. From start until finish. Congratulations to both teams this year and good luck to McMinn the rest of the year. BUT.....McMinn's administration could use some work on their manners. There were a couple of parents and teachers that were very rude to the LA student section that showed up. Maybe the next time we meet you guys will have worked on that. One more thing......thank you refs from last night on calling such a horrible game. I'm not one to blame a game on the officiating but you guys were pathetic. I'm surprised you guys could find the gym as ignorant as you each were. If any of you ever call another game in Tennessee it will be a disgrace to the TSSAA.

It was a good game. From start until finish. Congratulations to both teams this year and good luck to McMinn the rest of the year. BUT.....McMinn's administration could use some work on their manners. There were a couple of parents and teachers that were very rude to the LA student section that showed up. Maybe the next time we meet you guys will have worked on that. One more thing......thank you refs from last night on calling such a horrible game. I'm not one to blame a game on the officiating but you guys were pathetic. I'm surprised you guys could find the gym as ignorant as you each were. If any of you ever call another game in Tennessee it will be a disgrace to the TSSAA.

Yeah. Those boys weren't looking for trouble by strutting down the sideline and sitting right behind the girls' bench right before the opening tip now were they? Neither was the LA student who practically knocked me down when I was carrying my three year old to the restroom. I appreciate the F-bomb he (my son) got to hear as well. Thanks.

In another thread, a LA fan cracked on the gym, and now you're cracking on our manners?

The refs stunk both ways. No question about that. There's no way that game was played as physically as 49 fouls (pretty evenly divided between both teams) would indicate.

Edited by McMinn Central Maniac

Yeah well the gym was packed and none of the "nice" McMinn people would let any of the LA students sit hardly anywhere. Idk who dropped the F-bomb but we heard a few words our way that weren't exactly good either. And about the refs.....at one point in the first half....the foul call was 10 to 4. 10 against LA. 4 against McMinn. Now tell me that those numbers are pretty well even