Bolivar at lipscomb

pain train

Willie Kemp is a pass first point guard thats what a true point guard does, when need be he can take over a game with his scoring thats what serartes him from your average highschool point man he once led his AAU tem to a victory without scoring a single point thats what college recruiters notice how you led a team at that position not the box scores and he is a proven winner

Edited by BIGWEBB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipscomb came out hot in the first quarter and went up 10-4 before Bolivar called a timeout. By the end of the first it was 11-10 DL. Bolivar played with very little hustle at first almost as if they thought it wasn't gonna take much to win. Once they realized DL had come to play, they picked up the intensity and defense and started taking better shots. Kemp stole a pass with about 3 seconds left in the half and pased it off for a layup to go up 27-26 at half. The third was pretty even too, and I was already very suprised to see DL hang with them this long (pain train...I was one of those people that predicted Bolivar by 25+ so I agologize) and Bolivar hit a last second jump shot to tie the game at 37 going into the fourth. Bolivar held a 3-5 point lead throughout the fourth quarter with Chism hitting most of his foul shots at the end to seal the Bolivar win 54-47. Personally, I think DL played and awesome game and shot very well and made good decisions while Bolivar didn't play to their full potential and only in the fourth did they finally pick it up. Chism didn't do much either until the fourth quarter where he got two hard dunks that gave Bolivar some momentum that I think definitely helped them pull out the win.

no need to apologize. many, including lipscomb fans , were thinking the same way.

i heard that lipscomb has a pretty solid poing guard that is committed to lipscomb u.

obviously he is no willie kemp, but how did he handle himself tonight against kemp?

i dont even know his name, but i do know that he is a solid player. thanks

His name is josh slater. he is a very good ball handler with an awesome jumper. he gave some of the bolivar players broken ankles last night.

His name is josh slater. he is a very good ball handler with an awesome jumper. he gave some of the bolivar players broken ankles last night.

I'll sure give credit to Slater. No doubt.

But on most nights he is no Willie Kemp. But seems to be pretty darn close...at least that night.

Just my opinion and of course you can have yours too.

Willie has pulled this off since the 9th grade. Has always managed the floor.

Sorry I brought it up again at this late date guys.

Everybody keeps syaing how Kemp didnt have a great game and that Slater must have had his best game to even hang with Kemp. Slater had a par game in my opinion from seeing him play all season.. I think he can develope into just as good a point guard as willie

Hey, it's just that you've seen Slater and I've/we've seen Kemp is all/ I believe Josh can develop into a great PG in my opion...for what it's worth!

If you think I'm knocking the guy, you're mistaken. Really. I don't even even think Willie would knock him either.

I can't remember right off hand where Slater is going (is it at home at DL?), but Willie was rcruited by U of M and many other schools too---and I'm just drawing a comparison...no dis intended-I know it didn't come out just right.

No matter, I'm sure Josh will be a great player. He sure played a great game thr other night!!!

I never begrudge a kid a great career! I hope they BOTH absolutley run the floor!!! I'm partial to Willie and Wayne but that's just the way it is...I hope the best for Slater too!!!

EDUCATION will be the most important factor! They prob just don't know it right now!

Edited by firefulmer