Bolivar at lipscomb

pain train

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATTN: Bolivar Fans

At Lipscomb? In their gym? Fugetaboutit! 'Less you can beat 8. Touch foul city! :D

:D I agree, when you go to another teams house its a different ball game. bolivar hasn't had the pleasure of playing the sub-state on a foreign court. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Edited by Hoops1stLuv14

:thumb: I agree, when you go to another teams house its a different ball game. bolivar hasn't had the pleasure of playing the sub-state on a foreign court. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Bolivar has played in hostile territory all year 37 games played some over seas and in other states back to back state champs led by a top notch senior guard and a 6'9 240 pound center you guys have got to deal with I would say this will be different for Lipscomb

All Bolivar has to do is pressure defense, get Lipscomb running, and go in to Chism every time and Bolivar comes away with about a 20 point win.

But in the past we know that the ball dosen't go to Wayne so oftenlike,(10 pts. last nite) And they're so offensive that defense...not so. i don't know what type of team Lipscomb has, I know they got the advantage if they're the big boys there..just like BCHS would if the game was on their court with their crowd.

Edited by Hoops1stLuv14

Bolivar has played in hostile territory all year 37 games played some over seas and in other states back to back state champs led by a top notch senior guard and a 6'9 240 pound center you guys have got to deal with I would say this will be different for Lipscomb

You guys home court is not hostile...just for the away teams. i like the way that everyone thinks these guys are so, so brilliant...all i saying this time of year anything can and will happen. but like I saind this year sub-state is not at home for you & lets just see what will happen. :thumb:

But in the past we know that the ball dosen't go to Wayne so oftenlike,(10 pts. last nite) And they're so offensive that defense...not so. i don't know what type of team Lipscomb has, I know they got the advantage if their the big boys their..just like BCHS would if the game was on their court with their crowd.

Bolivar fans travel really really well believe me it will be just like a home game their wont be anyone in Bolivar on monday night but the police

As we have seen in the winter olympics with hockey, and the summer olympics with basketball, good teams can beat great atheletes. If Bolivar comes into Nashville with no respect for Lipscomb, they may have a long ride back home. As for DL not playing anyone, they beat MLK twice this season...a team that has given Bolivar all they could handle last year at the state tourney. Also, all their losses have been in very close games against quality teams. Good luck Mustangs!!

You guys home court is not hostile...just for the away teams. i like the way that everyone thinks these guys are so, so brilliant...all i saying this time of year anything can and will happen. but like I saind this year sub-state is not at home for you & lets just see what will happen. :thumb:

You know, I've tried to at least learn some things from your recent posts. But you really can't stand Bolivar can you??? I mean it shows so you might as well not deny it. And I'll tell you now that before you go and start saying how I always put sown Liberty or think BCHS is never wrong...maybe you should look at some of my posts.

I'm expecting some smart remark...but I just don't like it. Not b/c of our guys...they can (and will-especially the ones you enjoy knocking so much) handle their own business, but b/c of the reason that was discussed in another thread the other day....this "rivalry" was looking pretty good but is now going down the tubes b/c of a bunch of haters. Just for evidence of this thinking check out this:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../603030307/1002

I know it's fan talk...but talk/thinking like this is what's going to ruin what can be a great rivalry. It's not the players...at least not the active players.

Why? I mean all I hear is how great and misunderstood the young men from Liberty are. OK. I'll give you that...

But why are you out to just have a double standard for the Tigers?

I also hope you do see what will happen Monday night! Bolivar at a disadvantage b/c of their playing on another court? Never played substate except at home? Do you even know anything much about where/when we've played except vs. Liberty? IF we do lose it won't be b/c of the court.

By the way...you've won 1 out of 4 by four points. A good game by the Crusaders as I've said. Liberty made a major step wwith a Regional Championship...so well deserved kudos.

But judging by the way your posts read...do you think DL is better than Liberty?

One game at a time...but here is one BCHS fan who REALLY wants to see Liberty vs. BCHS in the AA Finals. Win or lose.

So...I'm done. Have at it.

Edited by firefulmer

As we have seen in the winter olympics with hockey, and the summer olympics with basketball, good teams can beat great atheletes. If Bolivar comes into Nashville with no respect for Lipscomb, they may have a long ride back home. As for DL not playing anyone, they beat MLK twice this season...a team that has given Bolivar all they could handle last year at the state tourney. Also, all their losses have been in very close games against quality teams. Good luck Mustangs!!

Geezer, I think they'll (BCHS) be ready and I agree that they just can't take anyone for granted. As you said, beating MLK twice is a pretty fine accomplishment in itself.

But don't look for Bolivar to go to Nashville dissing DL. Not after the last game.

Some on here already think that win by Liberty was a changing of the guard, so to speak, b/c of the Crusaders win. I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd say it was more like a wake up call for the Tigers. Maybe at just the right time.

But-you're right in that anything can happen now.